Jesus 'may have visited Britain'

Other news items of interest (aka Ian's Corner).
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Re: Jesus 'may have visited Britain'

Post by arthur hamlin »

Like Geoff is saying we agree on many things within this subject but also differ too. Even explanation on accuracy can go either way, so it is good that several of you are still interested in this particular puzzle and hope we can agree that our responses can vary.
If I may comment very delicately Lyndon I and I think Geoff are not getting that Jesus was crucified on the cross, but rather that there was a mix up in the names when a scribe wrote down the event approx 30 years after his death. I am getting that there were several men with the name of Jesus than hence the confusion.
I believe at the time he was on his way with his Mother Mary to a place beyond the Dead Sea.

Vapour Trail, I am getting that 3 Thorn Trees were planted after each one died, which may account for your poor response when asking about it. When I dowsed (must be 5 years back now) I was getting that the first one was a large log approx 12" in diameter and approx 6 feet long. It had been kept in damp rags on the journey, had no branches or leaves and sprung into life after Jesus had blessed it.

Robert -Egby. I believe I have a similar collection of books, but see several that I have not got, but after a time was reading the same in several books and than got keyed up like you to do something about it.
St Just in Roseland is a beautiful place with the small church next the coast. I was getting a good response for this place and even that Jesus had carved a camel out of wood when on the boat to give to the head man here.
It may seem strange that East Anglia could be involved but as I used to live in Norwich I took a lot of interest in the 200 or so Round Tower churches there all built of Flint and Carstone. These can be verified as going back over 1000 years because of details in their construction. On asking if there was a building here before the present church invariably the answer was yes. Repeated questions revealed that a religeous building was there just after Thomas and the Boatman had left, as Thomas even though seeking to obtain the tin from the ore they had brought had sufficient time to go walk about and give healing to those in need and to tell of the word of God, hence the seed was sown. But believe the wonderful healing he did was the persuasive bit.
I now believe that tin became accidently known when it poured out of the ore when placed next to or on a fire on the ground by ancient people in cornwall somewhere.
Arthur
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

arthur hamlin wrote: If I may comment very delicately Lyndon I and I think Geoff are not getting that Jesus was crucified on the cross, but rather that there was a mix up in the names when a scribe wrote down the event approx 30 years after his death. I am getting that there were several men with the name of Jesus than hence the confusion.

St Just in Roseland is a beautiful place with the small church next the coast. I was getting a good response for this place and even that Jesus had carved a camel out of wood when on the boat to give to the head man here.
I agree with what you have written above, Arthur.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

The documentary, And Did Those Feet, explores the story behind the legend which survives in the hymn, for which William Blake wrote the words.
This film was mentioned on HIGNFY tonight!
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

There’s a lot of interesting information here, and while I can’t really add anything useful, two thoughts occur.

1) As an example of “identity slide,” Barabbas, according I believe to early writings – was really Bar-Abbas. (Meaning son of the Father).
To complicate things further, his full title was Jesus Bar-Abbas.
When Pilate made his offer to free a prisoner, the choice was between Jesus Son of the Father, or Jesus Saviour of His People.
Looking for Jesus is a tricky business.

2) Is there just one person behind the Jesus story, or could the figure we have now, be a composite of several individual lives? Perhaps that could account for “His” being a difficult life to trace ?

For myself, it’s our own particular view of Time as a linear phenomenon, which makes it impossible for me to fit the story into a recognisable form. Although all my incarnations exist simultaneously, I’m stuck with a mind that needs a past, present and future …

Perhaps one day, the Quantum Scientist will sit down with the Archaeologist, and sort it out over a skinny latte …?

Kerry.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Helen,
I`m sorry to have missed the TV programme last night but somewhere there is mention of a first church built in what is now the Abbey at Glastonbury.This I had already dowsed.
I only get that Jesus built the dwelling that he and Joseph slept in. This was situated beyond the Edgar Chapel which became much reveered after his passing.
I get that the wattle structure/church was constructed approx a year after Jesus had left. This I get as being in the central area of the present Abbey building.
I also get that bits of this structure lasted until approx 1400 AD on bare ground while the surrounding area was of flag stones as the Abbey was well established by than. Herbs were growing in the immediate area because it was believed that their energies had been enhanced by this site.
The area of high ground beyond the Edgar Chapel I find has special significance. Here I believe were/are buried the treasures of the Abbey, and although mentioned in his book with a photograph - `The Gate of Remembrance`by Blyth Bond said that no further good can come out of excavating further. But I have automatic drawings showing that here were further structures including a library there and had been built close to that first thatched dwelling.
There is so much more to be known about what went on here but any excavation is ruled out now, so we are reliant on what dowsers/sensitives can do.
I am glad that many stones have been saved, some are in the archive there. Last time I looked the ones outside were in a long pile against a wall. These could reveal where they were originally from, regretfully I have no time for this but may try one day.
Can anyone please dowse to see if there is any significance to the area just beyond the Edgar Chapel?.
Arthur
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Kerry: Is there just one person behind the Jesus story, or could the figure we have now, be a composite of several individual lives? Perhaps that could account for “His” being a difficult life to trace ?
This link takes you to a "Two Jesus Theory" outline that Rudolf Steiner suggested. He writes of the "Nathan" Jesus and the "Solomon" Jesus.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Buried beneath the weight of guilt which my early education created, I struggled upward through the rubble of several religions, before finding any sunlight and fresh air.

The past twenty years my main sources, to which I refer almost daily, have been Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, and Seth, the entity channeled by Jane Roberts, in her excellent books.

Neither of these are subject to "sin" or "evil," having a totally different approach to the concepts, and therefore sharing none of the (I feel) negative aspects of formal religion.

While Steiner's achievements are undeniable, and many have found understanding in his ideas, my own preference is to avoid translations from other languages for subjects like this, and to look for a positive, life giving, and even humorous approach to spirituality.

Bhagwan puts it better though ...

A climber fell into a crevasse, but managed to grasp the branch of a small tree, growing from the sheer rock face. With 600 feet of emptiness below, and an impossible climb above, he called out
"If there's a God up there, then save me and I'll follow you for ever."
A voice boomed, "Have faith my son, and let go of the branch."
A pause ensued, then...
"Is there anyone else up there ?"

On a historical note, I would be very interested to know if Nazareth was in existence in Jesus' time, or if, as some say, it did not appear until 200 years later on.
Was Jesus of Nazareth, actually Jesus the Nazarene, later misspelled ?
I don't feel my pendulum skills are up to questions like that yet, but if anyone has any ideas ...

Kerry.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Hi Kerry,

You wrote :
“On a historical note, I would be very interested to know if Nazareth was in existence in Jesus' time, or if, as some say, it did not appear until 200 years later on.
Was Jesus of Nazareth, actually Jesus the Nazarene, later misspelled ?
I don't feel my pendulum skills are up to questions like that yet, but if anyone has any ideas ...”

My dowsing gave the following answers for questions about Jesus.....

Nazareth was not in existencc at that time.

He was not a Nazarene, but was born in Bethlehem.

Neither he, nor his parents, were Jews. His mother was
called Mary but it is not known who his father was.
His mother came from present day Lebanon.. His mother’s
brother Joseph, a trader (of Arithmathea), was also Lebanese.

There were two people called Jesus around at that time
and what is written in the Christian Bible is a mixture
of what they both did and said.

One Jesus was crucified and died, the other was put
on a cross but did not die. The latter had two sons and
a daughter, all by Mary Magdalene.

Jesus visited the following locations = present day Cornwall
Devon and Somerset (with Joseph), India and Tibet (with
Thomas), Egypt, Ethiopia, Jordan, Syria, Cyprus, Crete, Malta.

It is not known if Jesus died. That event is shrouded in mystery.

If you dowse any different to the above, do let me know.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Geoff: It is not known if Jesus died. That event is shrouded in mystery.
:lol: :lol:
:twisted:
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Hah ! That was quite unintentional, Simon. :lol:
Geoff

Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

I'm going to stay clear of more dowsing on this subject as it appears not to be an option for me.

I've been re-reading the relevant parts of H Spencer Lewis' The Mystical Life of Jesus which I acquired when I was in my 20s. I didn't read it with much enthusiasm then and my memory of what I read has faded, but, re-reading, this is my summary:- Jesus did suffer on the cross but he didn't die. He was saved by an order from Rome which demanded a review of his case. After he was taken from the cross he came under Roman guard but the guards, apparently uninterested in their charge (Jesus was unconscious at the time), sloped off. This gave Jesus' friends the opportunity to revive him and 'spirit' him away. He then began some secret mission at the monastery at Mt Carmel.

Here is the penultimate paragraph of the last chapter of the book:
The ultimate passing or transition of the great Master Jesus is recorded in the ancient records as having occurred peacefully and in the presence of the brethren of the Brotherhood in the monastery at Carmel. His body remained in a tomb on the mount for several centuries; but was finally removed to a secret sepulchre and protected by His brothers.
Now, have a look at the image on the Turin Shroud (you can dowse to see if its genuine). Is this the image of a 33-year-old man?
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Kerry and Geoff,

If it helps here are my responses mainly relating to Geoff`s findings.

I also get that Nazareth was not in existence at that time but agree to the Bethlehem Birth.
I also get that the family were not Jews but came from an obscure sect.
Jesus did not have a Father and Joseph his uncle was the person attending at the Bethlehem Birth.
I do not get any connection for Mary his Mother or his uncle Joseph with the area now known as Lebanon.
There were approx 5 men with the name of Jesus at the time, but 3 who had caused the mix up and mentioned in the Bible.
I get that just one died on the Cross, but the Jesus who came to England and the other one died in their 30`s a natural death.
I get that the Jesus we talk about took Mary Magdalene as his wife and bore him one son only.
The places he visited do not include Ethiopia, present day Syria and Crete.
Just seen Lyndon`s contribution and my dowsing does not agree with what`s said or of the Turin Shroud being the face of Christ.
Arthur
hmj
Beginner
Beginner

Post by hmj »

Hi

Might I slightly complicate matters and add a further book thread to this discussion. The books (and website) of Barry Dunford - "The Holy Land of Scotland"(mentioned on an earlier thread) and more recently his "Vision of Albion". The website is http://www.sacredconnection.co.uk.

In these he points to the many legends on the west coast of Scotland of a visit of the holy family and the possible birth of son to Jesus and Mary Magdalene on Iona. These legends are as embedded there as are the south west of England ones are in their locality. Iona (Innis nan Druidhneach, the Isle of the Druids) has traditional Druidic links and may have been a Druid centre of learning which later became a Culdee (per Roman Christian) base.

Is it possible that Jesus came to the United Kingdom not just once but on a number of occasions?

I can see that the young man of 12 who confounded the local priests with his knowledge and who had an uncle who traded in Britain, then pester powered his uncle to bring him with him shortly thereafter to what was at that time an acknowledged centre of learning on spiritual matters - Britain. Jesus arrives at Glastonbury, helps builds a house for the group, travels about, sees the Druids and possibly visits centres of "spiritual" value locally - Avebury, Seahenge? etc. This he does as a means of testing his own parameters and understanding. He then goes home again and at a later date - possibly with Mary Magdalene - returns to study more formally in Britain. We have 18 years to cover and according to the Bible he was a bit of a stranger in his homeland on his return to take up his ministry. So he may well have lived and studied abroad during the missing years.

At this subsequent visit to Britain he works as a miner to support his family (the local English legends) and travels to Iona with them at some point as part of visiting the Druidic college network.

Sounds farfetched?

Regards
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

(HMJ) Might I slightly complicate matters and add a further book thread to this discussion. The books (and website) of Barry Dunford - "The Holy Land of Scotland"(mentioned on an earlier thread) and more recently his "Vision of Albion". The website is http://www.sacredconnection.co.uk.

(G) That should read http://www.sacredconnections.co.uk

(HMJ) In these he points to the many legends on the west coast of Scotland of a visit of the holy family and the possible birth of son to Jesus and Mary Magdalene on Iona. These legends are as embedded there as are the south west of England ones are in their locality. Iona (Innis nan Druidhneach, the Isle of the Druids) has traditional Druidic links and may have been a Druid centre of learning which later became a Culdee (per Roman Christian) base.

(G) (Dowsing) None of my sources is able to find any evidence that either Jesus or Mary Magdalene went to Scotland.

(HMJ) Is it possible that Jesus came to the United Kingdom not just once but on a number of occasions?

(G) Of course.

(HMJ) I can see that the young man of 12 who confounded the local priests with his knowledge and who had an uncle who traded in Britain, then pester powered his uncle to bring him with him shortly thereafter to what was at that time an acknowledged centre of learning on spiritual matters - Britain.

(G) Agreed. Scotland in particular. I find that many Romans sent their children to what is now Edinburgh to be educated, but sources say that Jesus did not go there .

(HMJ) Jesus arrives at Glastonbury, helps builds a house for the group, travels about, sees the Druids and possibly visits centres of "spiritual" value locally - Avebury, Seahenge? etc.

(G) Again, my sources have no evidence for that.

(HMJ) This he does as a means of testing his own parameters and understanding. He then goes home again and at a later date - possibly with Mary Magdalene - returns to study more formally in Britain. We have 18 years to cover and according to the Bible he was a bit of a stranger in his homeland on his return to take up his ministry.

(G) Evidence is scanty but he could well have learned a lot by visiting the SW of England IMO.

(HMJ) So he may well have lived and studied abroad during the missing years.

(G) Yes. That has already been confirmed.

(HMJ) At this subsequent visit to Britain he works as a miner to support his family (the local English legends)

(G) That’s a new one to me………but working as a miner in Cornwall is confirmed,

(HMJ) and travels to Iona with them at some point as part of visiting the Druidic college network.

(G) Again, no evidence from my sources

(HMJ)Sounds farfetched?

Not to me. Worth investigating. Arthur may be able to get more than I can.
Geoff

Deege

Post by Deege »

Geoff I am sorry I forgot to mention that it was Arthur and your link on this fascinating subject that I was reading last year
Best
David