If You Dowse, Are You Ever Off Duty

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

If You Dowse, Are You Ever Off Duty

Post by mike »

Years ago I found even when I never had the L rod near me things would happen where something would COME THROUGH, like I was dowsing for something or other, and the brain was in search mood even while I was not conscious of it happening..I was wondering what other folks feel about this, do you have things happen when your not dowsing, yet it feels like a dowsing response, OR does the mind remain in search mood even when you think you are not dowsing anymore for the day ? I try and always protect before I dowse, so when I finish I think right thats it no more today/for the moment , and move on.Yet in the past things still do take you over like the brain is still active if only at a reduced level, so do others feel the same on this forum, do folks have a way to close the iris down on this third eye....Or is it a case of when you learn dowsing and get interested you are a dowser for life, with a part active search mood running, even when you are not conscious of it happening ?
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Re: If You Dowse, Are You Ever Off Duty

Post by arthur hamlin »

mike wrote:Years ago I found even when I never had the L rod near me things would happen where something would COME THROUGH, like I was dowsing for something or other, and the brain was in search mood even while I was not conscious of it happening..I was wondering what other folks feel about this, do you have things happen when your not dowsing, yet it feels like a dowsing response, OR does the mind remain in search mood even when you think you are not dowsing anymore for the day ? I try and always protect before I dowse, so when I finish I think right thats it no more today/for the moment , and move on.Yet in the past things still do take you over like the brain is still active if only at a reduced level, so do others feel the same on this forum, do folks have a way to close the iris down on this third eye....Or is it a case of when you learn dowsing and get interested you are a dowser for life, with a part active search mood running, even when you are not conscious of it happening ?
Hi Mike,
You do not say how `something` whatever `something` is that comes through. I believe there is a need to seperate the mind from the brain in order to analyse what you are saying. I`m not getting there is an Iris to the Third Eye, but a very sensitive sensor. My sensor is approx 3" in diameter and is placed in the bridge of the physical nose. I`m told that spirit people can use it to see physical things more clearly than with their own eyes, but astral or angelic realm spirit people are not able to very well because of the vibrational differences.
What I experience (in a non dowsing mode) is a physical movement of the fingers when my arm is hanging down reasonably limp and when I am thinking about changing activities to something requiring a solution, mainly at a physical level. Its as if my spirit guide is now taking a heightened interest in what or how I propose to go about it and is registering with me at a telepathic level using my mind which triggers this physical movement.
At this level I`m told my mind is working at approx 50% of normal receptivity but still in receptive mode.
Arthur
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Arthur,
I used the example of the third eye to explain how the experience comes to you when the normal channel of dowsing is closed, since really everything is or should be closed down at that time, the idea we all have another part of the body alive and open to outside influence interests me enough to post this subject, and I understand your idea of what it is and where it is...Is it possible your soul which has to be a big part of what you are goes out searching alone at times, seeking knowledge and perhaps at times brings home data that emerges as if from nowhere in your mind, for you to take an interest with and act on ? As this would tend to show if you are a dowser, then you truly are never off duty and can be approached by thoughts and interests that at the time may have been the last things on your mind in everyday daydreams...Its hard to put into words what I am trying to say, SO I hope you all get my drift folks, a dowser for the most part dowses a subject to a deep level with his rod or pendulum seeking answers to questions, BUT is there another part of the body involved with this act and can approach any subject by a different route, and not always under your direct control yet working for you ??
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

mike wrote:Hi Arthur,
I used the example of the third eye to explain how the experience comes to you when the normal channel of dowsing is closed, since really everything is or should be closed down at that time, the idea we all have another part of the body alive and open to outside influence interests me enough to post this subject, and I understand your idea of what it is and where it is...Is it possible your soul which has to be a big part of what you are goes out searching alone at times, seeking knowledge and perhaps at times brings home data that emerges as if from nowhere in your mind, for you to take an interest with and act on ? As this would tend to show if you are a dowser, then you truly are never off duty and can be approached by thoughts and interests that at the time may have been the last things on your mind in everyday daydreams...Its hard to put into words what I am trying to say, SO I hope you all get my drift folks, a dowser for the most part dowses a subject to a deep level with his rod or pendulum seeking answers to questions, BUT is there another part of the body involved with this act and can approach any subject by a different route, and not always under your direct control yet working for you ??
Hi Mike,
Not sure how much more I can add.
Strange how you can get so used to new movements/things happening to you such as what we are discussing without questioning it too much. Well perhaps I better speak for myself.
Now don`t forget I have always challenged myself to be more receptive and whatever it was that caused this physical movement to obtain yet more varied movements. So it may take a bit of searching to find other dowsers able to contribute, but feel other kinds of sensitives could oblige.
I`m told my soul only travels at night and can reach out to approx 50 meters, and yes it can accumilate information and bring it back and release it into the conscious immediately on wakening but not what it physically experienced at that distance. I`m told my soul does not go anywhere if I am daydreaming.
I once obtained a coloured automatic drawing when I requested to know what the soul looked like. It is quite large and shows a connection to the spirit body.
Arthur
Harri
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Harri »

Is anyone ever off duty? We all have intuition. Some people have clairvoyance, some clairaudience, some clairsentience and some claircognizance. I suppose dowsing could be a kind of clairsentience in many cases and once people find they "pick up" things in a certain way they can choose to concentrate on that sense to see what else they can learn. But we hear of many people who weren't previously aware of any (abilities?) who find they get a flash of intuition, specially in emergency situations.
Harri
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.
(Einstein)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Intuition has saved my life more than once I know, when I fell from a ladder I was told to reach out with my left hand to grab a tree branch, this spun me over enough to cause me to hit the floor with my upper shoulder instead of my head, from a height of about 13 feet.I would have been dead when the ladder moved away and made me fall head first down, the tree branch saved my life, AND the voice telling me to reach out with my left hand to catch it as I was falling.....I have to thank someone or something that day for my life, to hear a message like that, as you was falling in slow motion was nothing short of a miracle I believe....Call it intuition or a warning from a Guardian Angel or what ever, it made me feel my time was not here yet and I had more things to do before that day, so from that moment I have looked more outwards than inwards to do what I can for others, as a way to say thanks....Arthur I sometimes make a knowing demand to send my soul out working for me while I sleep, to go places where I cannot reach, to walk the wards of the local hospital at night offering those who are ill healing and my good wishes for a quick recovery.As I drop off I see the rooms and wards and people asleep, and sometimes small lights at bedsides and white coats and nurses at desks writing,it feels very real to me, and I even smell that hospital smell, that brings back bad memories for me.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Mike,
I regret that I am not able to agree with what you say about your Soul going out the distance you mention to visit people in hospital. What I`m getting is, its your spirit guide who does this at your request, returns and communicates these experiences to your mind, which your soul is than able to register with.
Also I meant to say in the previous e mail that I knew of Dowsers that are able to pick up movement via their eye brows, chest and other areas of their body. Billy Gawn of earth energies also has this ability.
I know a friend of mine when walking in bare feet over crossed energy lines gets a fizzy sensation in her feet.
Arthur
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Arthur,
Yes I have read its far better to dowse with your feet bare as it were, wonder if you could take that a bit further and dowse naked, perhaps like the early Pagans and tribes might have done, not that I have tried this at all, but it makes you wonder if going naked it releases extra force since you are at one with nature then, like the day you was born ? AND the idea of body parts dowsing like you would with an L rod or pendulum is interesting Arthur, and who would question Billy Gawn, not me anyway. 8) I agree it could well be your spirit guide more so than your soul that goes walk abouts, but I feel the two are very close and work together most of the time, so for me it feels like the soul thats closest to you does the work/heads the team....I think you could be trained to have other body parts dowsing during a workout, like open handed dowsing its something that you can achieve if you work at it, but are we all the same and use the same method,or can we decide on what way we wish to proceed and what method/body part to use....Can you better the normal method of dowsing, that is pendulum or Y rod or L rod, I think the answer to that is you have to try it and see what suits best, or mix and match every method you know of and see what comes out best for the particular job in front of you ? I love the Y rod, but find it hard to use in the car and confined places, so I carry the L rod most of the time when I dowse, its cut to a third of the Megalithic Yard, a shade over 9 inches, and this does okay for me with most jobs....Thanks everyone for your posting, this subject like all the rest is SO interesting when folks get involved, as you learn so much from others experiences, and while they might not be the same views as yours, its good to see how the many dowsing paths taken are not really that different if you half shut your eyes.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

mike wrote:Yes I have read its far better to dowse with your feet bare as it were, wonder if you could take that a bit further and dowse naked
That would be particularly dangerous if using a Y-rod, Mike...! :P

Seriously though, you could hypothesise that in bare feet your body is grounded and therefore at the same electrical potential as the earth. But that presupposes that dowsing is an electromagnetic phenomenon, an idea that goes back to Henri Mager, who thought that an electrical current flowed up through the body, down one arm and through the Y-rod, then back through the other arm to earth. He also thought that you could not dowse whilst wearing leather- or rubber-soled shoes for that reason; an idea that has been disproved countless times since by farmers dowsing whilst wearing Wellington boots!
mike wrote: the idea of body parts dowsing like you would with an L rod or pendulum is interesting Arthur, and who would question Billy Gawn, not me anyway. 8) ....I think you could be trained to have other body parts dowsing during a workout, like open handed dowsing its something that you can achieve if you work at it, but are we all the same and use the same method,or can we decide on what way we wish to proceed and what method/body part to use....
For an excellent previous discussion about Deviceless Dowsing, click here.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Perhaps this post is a little off subject, but the more I think about it the more I believe there is something in this experience...Over a year ago while going to clean the garden shed I saw a little ball of hair creep out under some cardboard and then disappear back under again, WE had a moggy inside.It was so small I wondered where the mother was, and in time I did see another cat visit like the small one, and while I dont like cats I took to feeding the mum cat so thus feeding the baby one.Anyway it got to a position where the little cat would stand outside the shed calling its mother, but she never would come till late at night if at all, so I got milk and wet cat food and left it for the baby..This baby then became the big moggy of today, adopted and chipped and living the life of Riley, and now to my point, once when the cat was asleep it stood up and shot to the window and rushed outside, I followed and saw her with a mouse that she had caught behind the house in the garden..Question was HOW did she know the mouse was there, all that I saw was at first HER WHISKERS TWITCH, then she was away and running, did she dowse that mouse while asleep or dozing ?? This is a good question for you pet owners, as I am new to this pet thing, do cats dowse as well,and use their whiskers as the medium ? (Arthur mentioned eye brows, and most shayman I have seen pictures of all have those long hair cuts, with witches waist length hair as well, DOES it add up folks.Dont mention Buddhist Monks please, they are the odd ones out ?)
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Mike,
That sounds like a previous posting relating to Dogs knowing when their master is coming home. Not sure when that was but it made an interesting read.
Not sure if I have told this one as you have said so much on different habits/techniques when dowsing and the following I feel is similar.
I consider myself very fortunate to dowse the way I am able to do.
This goes back at least 20 years ago now.
I was sitting down to breakfast one june morning looking out the window and admiring the pink Queen Elizabeth rose now fully out, whereas yesterday it was just at the bud stage.
I was quite relaxed and realised that my right hand was rising up to my shoulders.
The palm than opened up and faced the window as if looking to see what I was looking at. The palm than turned around to face my face and than went down to my lap again. As you can imagine I was quite suprised and felt that from now on I could experience something different from ordinary dowsing. The next time this occured my hand pointed to bills on my desk that needed to be paid. And so on. I believe I could not have advanced this way if there was a family or wife to look after as I would not be able to drift off so easily. Better stop - this feels like an EGO trip!
But am sure others can have this enjoyment/experience if they wished. I don`t think the recipe is too difficult.
Arthur
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

THATS a cracking post Arthur, thanks for that,and sharing with us. Are you a right handed person, and has this ever happened with the left hand, I work with a single L rod most times, and swop hands to gain most knowledge from the subject, allowing both halves of the brain to share in the dowsing so I dont miss something by using just the one hand.To be honest I dont believe ever the change of hands has made the slightest difference any time, but I always change hands anyway, just to be sure I get everything....I enjoy reading your posts Arthur, so many fine dowsers post here I am spoilt for choice some times,and EGO never raises his head on this forum Im sure, however old and skilled we are we can still learn from others, thats the beauty of this forum.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Thanks Mike,
Am glad you enjoy the whole experience. I feel its like unrapping a Christmas present each time I dowse.
Just as much as you change hands with your `L` rod and realise there does not appear much difference in answers etc, I feel there is not too much difference when you get deviceless except for the additional movements but more to do with picking up the emotions of the source that is replying. I pick up their excitement as my hands move fast and sometimes they clap my hands in approval of what I have just thought or done while at other times they will place my hands on my cheeks to show either shock, sadness or awe. Yes both my hands can be used although I am really right handed.
I also pick up on them crossing themselves as my hands copy them. I once asked why and was told that my thoughts/questioning energies were a bit strong and this helped them stay put and to enjoy the exchange.
As I`ve already said much of this is due I feel to the frequency and challenge I`ve put myself through and also my source to see how far I could go. I believed that if more varied physical movements could be obtained the chances of improved accuracy of answers could be the result. I have realised this is not always the case, but trying to meet the source half way is I feel the most important ingredient in order to make a good exchange.
I write this in order to give hope to those that are on the path to being deviceless and to wish everyone who writes or looks in to these forum sites a very happy, prosperous and peaceful New Year.
Arthur
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

arthur hamlin wrote:Thanks Mike,

Am glad you enjoy the whole experience. I feel its like unwrapping a Christmas present each time I dowse.
You could not have put that better Arthur, its like having a gift offered to you, and I feel like you it's special.

Edited by I.P. 1.1.2010 - put quote in mark-up and corrected typo
Danielle McCarthy-Stewart

Post by Danielle McCarthy-Stewart »

In response to Arthur; if I had a hand that developed a habit of pointing to unpaid bills, I might cut it off. Seriously, though, all this is very interesting, because it seems to be a question of drawing a line between what you classify as dowsing and what as sensitivity, as someone has probably said. I find I am open to impressions all the time, just bombarded with information; the difference is that deliberate dowsing allows you to organise your activities into obtaining very specific information. Otherwise, it can be all a little difficult to decode and find relevance from. My biggest problem is making sense of all the impressions I am getting, and I need to learn to become a disciplined dowser; I think when people use deviceless dowsing, they have simply extended their ability to properly control their questioning and interpret their responses to other methods besides use of the regular tools. I am so envious!
Just to add to the weirdness, as I feel free to do on this forum; I remember an experience one night when I woke from sleep to see a half-sentient, inhuman creature with the face of my friend, floating at the very edge of an invisible bubble, which extended 6 to 8 feet from me; must have been my aura. The creature was attempting to suck energy from me but was unable to get inside. I saw this as the unconscious projection of my friend, as the face seemed entirely devoid of thought, as if automated or of a very low order, so my intuition was that this connection was on the astral plane and I was in that in-between state where I was able to perceive this. In context, the visitation made sense, because my friend was a Buddhist who had joined a modern movement which believes that my chanting to the "Gohonzen"? (can't remember how to spell it), which is the Buddhist prayer, itself a sacred object; one can force all one's karma into this one lifetime and thereby achieve release from the wheel of life. I had gradually fallen into joining in the chanting sessions at her house, as I was often there on a social visit when people turned up for the evening session; she invited and I joined in out of politeness and open-mindedness. She was very earnest in her belief that this chanting was very healing and was very generous in her efforts to chant on behalf of others, in order to ease their problems. Trouble was, after doing this a few times, I couldn't understand why I always felt drained and ill after these sessions, when I should have felt on top of the world. The visitation cleared it up for me very powerfully; she was completely unconsciously sucking all my energy during these sessions like some kind of psychic vampire; I am sure it was the same for others and this is how she was deriving her benefit. Needless to say, I stopped the chanting, but unfortunately, I eventually had to sever the connection completely, as she continued to drain me out of hours! It was sad as she was such a nice lady and really meant well, but she was definitely tapped into forces bigger than she could handle. Just a note; she had 4 cats that ruled the house and they do like negative energy, don't they? They all slept on her bed!
(moderator deleted)