Ley lines and energy currents

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Ley lines and energy currents

Post by ledgehammer »

Hi all, I am still a beginner at dowsing and am particular interested in earth energies. I have been to most of the sites along the Michael Mary line and can say I have always felt something, however recently have started to dowse at some sites, at one stone circle I was kindly asked to leave, has this ever happened to anyone or is this my subconcious wanting me to go and eat! I left respectfully, as I am new perhaps my prescence wasn't helping, not sure. But one thing I am interested in knowing is whether all ley lines have energy currents associated with them, I.e the Michael Mary currents run along a ley line, this makes sense but on reading your posts, it seems Michael Mary is a main energy vein, and unique, whereas ley lines are more like the earths brain waves, fragments of memories e.t.c is Michael Mary the only example of a serpent energy interaction, which seems to use a ley line. Can ley lines be dowsed similar to energy lines. It makes sense that energy lines snake across the landscape, could all ley lines have serpent energy lines exist and crossing at sacred sites? Also could stone circles be ancient earth healing centres, like accupuncture for the earth?
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Re: Ley lines and energy currents

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Ledgehammer,

Mayc I respectfully suggest that here is an opportunity for you to get some practice in and dowse the answers to your questions. See what you get, then let us know.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Ledgehammer,
Good one from Geoff, but don`t forget there is an `Encyclopedia of Terms` (I think its called) brought out by the BSD a few years ago now which could be of help. It may be altered in time as more info is available which you may help by gathering info from your perspective.
Also, have a go at asking the Spirit Guardian of the Stone Circle sites for info. I spend as much time talking/dowsing with that spirit person as I do looking about the site. I find that in most instances it is a male person who has been there a considerable number of years and can get quite excited to know that you care and are able to communicate with him/her.
This may show up with your pendulum swinging into a larger arc etc.
Arthur
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

and you will find the Encyclopedia of terms that Arthur refers to on this site

http://www.britishdowsers.org/EEG_site/glossary.shtml (link broken)
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

and I wonder how any of those definitions were dowsed as opposed to being someone's belief that is generally accepted as present wisdom ? For example, I have dowsed that there is no energy in a Ley Line and this has been confirmed by two other dowsers, on in Cape Town and the iother in Colorado.
Geoff

ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Guys, thanks for your advice, will most certainly put into practice. I am finding it easier to ignore the logical parts of my conciousness and try to use the intuition gift which we all have. Again I am still finding my way, I dowsed using a chart and indeed practice is what I need, one cannot jump straight into stone circles and expect anything, i am still quite young and the calm voice of my guardian should be embraced more frequently. The answers will come when the desire stops.
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Ledgehammer
I am finding it easier to ignore the logical parts of my conciousness and try to use the intuition gift which we all have
Excellent ! You have the right idea. Go for it.
Geoff

Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:and I wonder how any of those definitions were dowsed as opposed to being someone's belief that is generally accepted as present wisdom ?
Indeed. It's useful to revisit accepted definitions from time-to-time, since the development of our own understanding through experience and application is vital to keeping our disciplines alive. It is not necessary to continually reinvent the wheel, but more efficient functional approaches often arise through questioning, trial and error. Sounds like you are on a positive learning track, ledgehammer.
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Hi Ledgehammer

Its great to hear of your interest in Energy lines. My advice, as the others also say, is to just start dowsing. If your intent is honourable, which I am sure it is, no spirit is going to mind. There is just so much to learn and we need more people making more observations and checking them with others.

For example I would say that I have dowsed the flow of the energies in the St.Mary and St.Michael like lines to be not just a flow along the lines but at times a flow across the lines and a flow with a vertical element as well. During a Lunar Eclipse I found the flow to change through 360 degrees over a 5 min period. No idea why yet, just need more observations and more checks with others.

I shall try and give you my answers to some of your questions, but I may not be right though. I think some Stone Circles could have been used as healing centres. However healing can work wherever you are, it just appears that some people have more success at certain places. I think some circles and mounds were also used to assist in communications with ancestors as well. It may be that at certain times of the year these things in certain places were easier to do than at other times and in other places.

You mention Earth energy lines snaking across the landscape. In my experience there are many many earth energy lines. They all appear to be in pairs. Only a few appear to be the width of the St.M & St.M lines. Many more around found at around 20 paces wide and even more at 10 paces and even more at only 5 paces wide. There may even be wider lines though I have not come across these yet. I mention this as there will undoubtedly be some lines near to where you live. I would walk outside and start looking for them and then do some dowsing with them to learn more about them.

All the best with this

Rory
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Rory, many thanks for your wisdom and advice. The first experience I had was at stonehenge on the summer solstice. I went the first time on my own and spent virtually all night in the stone circle, there was a deep sense of anticipation, but when the sun rose the people in front of me were hit by the sunlight, you could see a line which slowly reached me, i felt purified or cleansed, in other words I walked away sure that stonehenge was a hospital of the people who used it. When iron age settlements were formed they were founded on energy nodes and crossings of energy lines, so this would make sense, whether the local healer would harness this energy to aid the health of the settlement e.t.c again conjecture but reasonable. Also that evening it felt like we were on a plain of existance far but also close to this, I refer to this as heaven or the invisible world which runs beneath our own, I am exploring the impact that conciousness has on our visual world, and how we can parhaps change it based on tuning our thoughts, beneath this I believe is ! Wo
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Sorry, I'm away on work and have a touch screen phone, ... A world of pure conciousness, I believe that we are part of a greater conciousness, and variation is mother earth attempting to understand itself, we can look inward at this and when we dowse it is a medium between the two worlds, anyway at stonehenge I believe travel into this other world of conciousness was possible and spirits seemed to be if the faces of others, so i guess i agree with your analysis about communication with ancestors indeed... I go back every year with friends but have never had as vivid an experience....
Paul Collett

Post by Paul Collett »

Ledgehammer , you did ask for permission to enter the site and then to dowse ?
Please, I don't mean to appear officious , unfriendly or condescending but it is important that you do that before dowsing people, earth energies or anything a bit spiritual .

Paul
Paul Collett
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Hi Paul,

Although I know some people who ask permission before they enter what are sometimes called 'sacred sites', I have dowsed that it is not necessary to do so. May I respectfully suggest that you dowse to see if you need permission to enter, say, a stone circle, and let us know what you get. (and please do not dowse your beliefs).
Geoff

ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Paul, Geoff, I asked if it was a sacred site, but did not ask if I may enter, i picked up a sense of great sorrow, I asked if I could help, which was Wen I felt the words you may not help, please leave I asked again and no you should/ leave. I felt this quite clearly and didn't dowse to confirm. I picked up on an event that occurred which was not very pleasant, and my presence wasn't helping. I will dowse this Geoff and thanks Paul and Geoff for advice. I. Need to practice before going further next time. Wen I left tho I felt an urge to return and try to help, and maybe I should have been braver, or maybe left and dowsed to ask from another point of the circle. I have visited many circles and sites but always had either minor or positive sensations. More dowsing practice required!..
Malcolm
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Malcolm »

Which circle was this?