Would you have been accused of witchcraft?

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Would you have been accused of witchcraft?

Post by simonwheeler »

A "fun quiz" from the BBC History Mag
The history of witchcraft in Britain is a dark one, brimming with trials, persecution and torture, which claimed the lives of hundreds of innocent men and women during the 16th and 17th centuries. But what did you actually have to do to end up in the dock, accused of Devil worship and crimes of witchcraft? Very little, as the following questions, compiled with the help of Owen Davies, professor of social history at the University of Hertfordshire, reveal
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: Would you have been accused of witchcraft?

Post by Helen-Healing »

Yep! :mrgreen:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I think even if you did GOOD WORKS you might still be put behind bars, its the fear of the unknown and if you might turn to the dark side and harm folks. Only a dowser understands another dowser, and the ordinary folk would live in fear of you and point the finger at the first chance they got.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The idea a dowser can find water and all sorts to some is a miracle, and to others its the work of the Devil, and the Church for the most parts take the view of the latter.You can see where folk would not be happy in your company knowing you have the gift, as they dont know how to take you and what side your on good or evil. So its best to say nothing and just get on with what ever you are doing, and perhaps find or be told to seek out a forum like this to share with others the knowledge. You never stop learning as dowsing is one of those things where something new is just around the corner and might be of interest, so enjoy your time and above all have fun....Im really scared of water and never leant to swim,perhaps I was dunked in the village pond in another life and this is where the fear came from, and yes Im sure I would have been accused,as I poke my nose in and cannot keep a secret. :lol:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The only problem with dowsing is you do things which are out of the normal, and folks who dont dowse or have any knowledge would be wondering how you got this skill.The first thing would be to explore with friends the skill and try and involve them as well dowsing, children are very good at dowsing I find, their minds are not closed to it so they do well even on the first try.But imagine a hundred years ago dowsing and what the Church would think what ever religious following, the Churches view today is you work for the devil, so then and now you cannot win.Its a problem to show you do good works for the people around you, I believe I do no harm and just get on with it,clearing bad Black Water Lines which make people ill is one way to help us all, keep busy doing good works and say nothing, thats the way forward.One day the truth will dawn on people,and for those who have had the help from a dowser will understand rather than work with the devil we work for higher forces sometimes, even when we are not always aware we are doing it.