Britons still believe in prayer

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Britons still believe in prayer

Post by Ian Pegler »

from the Daily Telegraph...
Britons still believe in prayer - and young lead the way, poll suggests

Six out of seven people still believe that prayers can be answered despite a dramatic drop in formal religious observance, a study has found.
CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: Britons still believe in prayer

Post by Helen-Healing »

I honestly find that really hard to believe.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

I would suggest that if telepathy seems to work between twins there`s no reason to believe it cannot work with ordinary folk with their thoughts or prayers and Dowsing is right up there with our questing thoughts.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Arthur: I would suggest that if telepathy seems to work between twins there`s no reason to believe it cannot work with ordinary folk with their thoughts or prayers
Sorry, Arthur...I thought prayers were "aimed at" Jesus, God, saints- higher beings with powers to intercede. (And equivalents in religions other than Christian). I don't know anyone who is a twin with Jesus, God, a saint etc...I imagine that even the most fundamental Catholic wouldn't even claim that for the Pope..
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Simon,
I am merely suggesting that as thoughts/feelings can be picked up between twins than others who are not related are likely to have that ability too whether in prayer to a deity or not thoughts can travel and believe the majority of Britons take comfort believing their thoughts can be heard/answered.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

I understand that prayers in the form of thoughts can sometimes be in the same category as other forms of healing that use the mind. Pronlem is that often the prayer-thoughts do not always work. It would seem that many people direct these thoughts to whichever deity they believe is best placed to help, whether that deity is capable of helping, so faith is involves, is it not ?

In these cases, some of mankind not only assume that there is a degree of telepathic communication between them and their deity, but also that the problem that a person has is capable of being healed. Obviously, if everyone could be healed many on this planet would be in a very bad
state.

It is my opinion that only certain people or animals on this planet cam be helped by individuals (using any healing technique including thoughts/prayers) outside the medical profession, and then only after confirmation is received that a person or animal can actually be helped.

Anyone agree with that theory ?
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

How DNA Is Reprogrammed By Words and Frequencies
This finally and scientifically explains why affirmations, autogenous training, hypnosis and the like can have such strong effects on humans and their bodies. It is entirely normal and natural for our DNA to react to language...

Hyper-communication, in the form of remote sensing, remote healing and telepathy, is definitely a part of the human protocol.
(
For years, a 42-year old male nurse dreamt of a situation in which he was hooked up to a kind of knowledge CD-ROM. Verifiable knowledge from all imaginable fields was then transmitted to him that he was able to recall in the morning. There was such a flood of information that it seemed a whole encyclopedia was transmitted at night. The majority of facts were outside his personal knowledge base and reached technical details about which he knew absolutely nothing.
This has happened to me but awake, not asleep.)

Tartini's violin sonata in G minor 'Devil's Trill'
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Helen-Healing wrote:How DNA Is Reprogrammed By Words and Frequencies
This finally and scientifically explains why affirmations, autogenous training, hypnosis and the like can have such strong effects on humans and their bodies. It is entirely normal and natural for our DNA to react to language...

Hyper-communication, in the form of remote sensing, remote healing and telepathy, is definitely a part of the human protocol.
(
For years, a 42-year old male nurse dreamt of a situation in which he was hooked up to a kind of knowledge CD-ROM. Verifiable knowledge from all imaginable fields was then transmitted to him that he was able to recall in the morning. There was such a flood of information that it seemed a whole encyclopedia was transmitted at night. The majority of facts were outside his personal knowledge base and reached technical details about which he knew absolutely nothing.
This has happened to me but awake, not asleep.)

Tartini's violin sonata in G minor 'Devil's Trill'
Helen,

this is the key to the future IMO, irrespective of the current reality we are involved with

best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Saimera

Post by Saimera »

What is prayer?

I read of a different survey which took place in the 1960s.
Every parish of the Church of England throughout the UK asked their regular attendees just one very direct question.

' When you pray to God do you expect your prayers to be answered'.
85% said NO.
(I am sorry, I wish I still had a direct reference for this survey.)

Now the question could be were they praying to a God seperate from themselves?
All I know is that in the church Jesus is a truly great world teacher.
And Jesus was teaching them that first he was the messenger of God.
Later he said he was the son of God.
BUT finally he realised himself 'my Father and I are ONE'.

Now if the teacher is one with God then we are all one with the teacher which is God.

So being all united in this oneness, 'whether we believe all this or not' there is no entity seperate to pray to.
Everything is already known in this reality of oneness.

In dowsing therefore this could confirm that it is only our own intuition which has access to everything.
I read once also of a bishop in this same church who said......
'True prayer is listening'.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I have found over the years of dowsing we do speak to some form of higher control or spirit, and often get answers to questions we ask, as for healing I request this and that and hope it works for those who are suffering. I really do believe the power of the mind to change things for the better does work, and working to clear cancer causing Black Water Lines from every country is something I hope to do for many years to come, see ALF RIGSS NOXIOUS LINES on the Internet. Its always a case of can I do this, and the answer is try it and see, so much is waiting for those folks who forget logic and seek out of the box methods, it really is. When you ask for help from higher forces and it comes, then the door is open to all manner of things, treat with respect and go slow and steady along the path being offered to you. Who offers and gives help is down to you and who you believe in, the gift is open to everyone, use well and those who need help will show themselves somehow.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Repeat the above post 100% honest, the more I dowse the more I know how little I truly know about the world, it’s a learning curve which gets steeper all the time, but I enjoy what I do so I’m in for the long run. If things become cold and I don’t enjoy every moment then I would stop dowsing, but it’s rewarding so I continue to serve and enjoy being shown new paths to follow. It costs nothing to dowse and improve your own life and those around you, so why stop, life is to be enjoyed, look outwards to increase your knowledge and find ways to make the planet a better place.