Isles of Scilly

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
JonnieTaylor

Isles of Scilly

Post by JonnieTaylor »

I'm off to Scilly on Monday armed with dowsing rods, pendulum, Y stick and Cheryl Straffon's excellent book "Ancient Sites on The Isles of Scilly.

I was wondering if anyone had carried out any earth energy dowsing on Scilly and what their findings were?

Thanks for your help.

Have a Great Weekend at the AGM.

Jonnie
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Isles of Scilly

Post by mike »

Just seen this post and I had a look at the Scilly Isles, and found an old ancient site on St Martins very powerful compared to Avebury here in the UK. Its at coordinates 49 57 48 18 N 6 16 07 94 W in the fields there unmarked and must have Leys involved at this precise position at least.And to the north/west some bronze is hidden in the fields as well that I dowse along with other things of value on the Islands, its an interesting place thats for sure.

The Sacred Site has two Leys North to South and East to West which gives the site a clockwise influence, and 3 other Leys pass through St Martins I believe.
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Merlin »

Do the Michael and Mary Lines pass by, if not through one of the Islands?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Merlin,
This is my opinion and I would not go against any other dowsers opinion, but I think if you look on Google for the caption Step Up Round Island on the north most Island in the group the Michael Mary Line run about 0.68 miles offshore at about 258/259 degrees from St Michaels Mount Merlin. It just misses the north of the group in my opinion, but the group does have other Leys passing through, just not looked for any others yet, but they are there when I just dowsed the group for Michael Mary Line.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Dont know the width of the Michael/Mary Line at this time, due to the four year increase/decrease of the width in its cycle, but the line is I believe 0.68 miles north of the Scilly Isles right now.....When its at its widest point/width it goes from the Avebury Stone Avenue right out to the fence below the hill to the west, and at its smallest it fills the Stone Avenue from dowsing this position in past years.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The Scilly Isles are a wild spot in the Ocean, I feel a lot of ships would have founded here in past times during storms and it shows when you dowse the coast line here. Even a little dowsing and you can pick up things sunk off the coast and things that dont belong here,I think it would be a good place to walk the beaches in the Winter storms to see what is washed up. All sides of the Isles are small rocky points where ships would have founded and sunk in bad weather,so over time all manner of things would float free or sink in the sand to be covered and perhaps not seen again for many years...While I have no proof I imagine at one time the Scilly Isles might have been part of Cornwall in the very distant past, its on that line from the coast to me, and it would be interesting to compare the soil and rocks to the main land of Cornwall.
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Merlin »

Before the end of the last ice age, the seas around the islands would have been dry land, pretty much like Dogger Land, in fact, these plains would have stretched into the where the Irish Sea is now and right up to where Doggerland was.

They found remains of a village and part of a skull belonging to a Neanderthal when the did a test dredging, there is also the causeway that leads into the sea in Mid Wales, nobody has tracked where it goes underwater.

I'm not sure if there would be any standing stones in the flooded areas seeing as Stone henge is what 5000 - 3000 years old and the ice age ended considerably longer (12,000 years ago). But thee is always the possibility of something being there.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Worth a look off the coast of Wales Merlin, heading towards Scilly Isles, I would say from Lands End rather than mid Wales, but I will have a nose about and see what lies under the sea now.The act the sea flooded in does not remove the influence of special sites from long ago, its just we dont see the single stone or stone circle anymore, or the circle of trees for that matter, as all of these things were used to mark out Sacred Sites from the past the world over.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Well thats interesting, if you dowse at 15.78 degrees off the Scilly Isles where the plane airport is, it takes you close to St Davids Head on the Welsh Coast.And along that same line pretty well are 6 Sacred Sites underwater, with the closest to Scilly Airport being 28.65 miles offshore. Another 5 perhaps 6 more are along that line just about, with one offset I believe when dowsing the sea off Wales and Lands End and the Scilly Isles;The one site has both Gold and Silver at the site, and the ages of the sites dowse from 4000 to 5000 years when the Sacred Sites became active, HOW this fits with the rise of the water I have no clue just now....Be very interesting to see a side scan of the Ocean bottom along this line, to see if its a ridge or higher than the rest of the sea bottom, perhaps an ancient track way ? St Davids Bay 51 50 03 58 N 5 09 33 08 W Skomer 51 44 13 96 N 5 20 38 07 W and at least 4 to 5 in Celtic Sea.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Yesterday while dowsing the Celtic Sea I was struck with St Davids head in Wales, its got history thats for sure, well worth a nose about there when I have a moment.I think it could be the site of very early human villages and life in this part of Wales, a place where humans would have settled I feel.....Perhaps with a link to the Scilly Isles by a ridge of mountains or hills providing passage for a time between both places, before the water levels increased covering the pathway, or volcanic actions levelled the hills .
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Yesterday while dowsing the Celtic Sea I was struck with St Davids head in Wales
Sorry Mike...just had fit of the giggles....I do hope it didn't hurt you.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Oh sorry for that, but funny just the same Simon, try and write more careful in future :lol: But St Davids Head is special with what I believe an early settlement inland more to the East of the Bay, the idea a causeway once run to the Scilly Isles is interesting, and JUST might have been possible for a while ?
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

and maybe a land bridge across to Ireland?
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

But then Simon they would have had snakes there with a land bridge, but again its possible along with another to the Scilly Isles, I wonder if you could dowse an ancient land bridge, worth a try.Have a look later tonight if I get the chance, you never know till you try....I think going from the Scilly Isles north would be the best approach first, just to see if anything stands out.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Yesterday I was so sore with my knees and back and the rain coming down most of the day, Im not looking forward to the Winter... I dowsed for a while on the possible land bridge across the Celtic Sea, and to be honest I think its very possible two land bridges existed in the past.The one from St Martins to Cornwall and another from near St Davids Head to a point in Ireland and this one in a U shape not direct.... I wrote it all down, but tonight I cannot find the paper/place names and Im not going to look again now, chilling out and playing Solitaire...It might be possible to check whats under water with a Ocean Floor Map, but thats cheating right . :lol: