Life after death research.

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Durotrigian
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Life after death research.

Post by Durotrigian »

It looks as though serious scientific study is beginning to open doors!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scie ... study.html

Life (or death) is getting more interesting it seems.

Best wishes.

A.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Re: Life after death research.

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Isn’t it amazing how long it takes science to catch up with what many of us already know !

Apparently not everyone has the opportunity of being reincarnated though. I have dowsed that some spirits prefer to remain on the Astral Planes while a few others have reached the depth of depravity resulting in their souls being destroyed. (e.g. Hitler and Stalin)
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:Apparently not everyone has the opportunity of being reincarnated though. I have dowsed that some spirits prefer to remain on the Astral Planes while a few others have reached the depth of depravity resulting in their souls being destroyed. (e.g. Hitler and Stalin)
That's interesting. I have never thought about soul destruction before, but it does figure.
Reincarnation is supposed to be a process of soul improvement but if this goal is constantly & consistently resisted, perhaps getting the chop is the only answer.
Food for thought - thanks Geoff.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Hi Helen,

You wrote

“Reincarnation is supposed to be a process of soul improvement”

Agreed, but this does not always apply to every soul. Souls have the choice of improving their spirituality usually by agreeing to suffer some form of illness in a future life. As you will know, most of us are here to learn and some of us also to teach. It is possible to dowse whar you are here for (if you have the imagination) and whether there is any possibility of your returning to this planet in your next life or whether you will be reincarnated in a different dimension.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Geoff: Souls have the choice of improving their spirituality usually by agreeing to suffer some form of illness in a future life.
What does
improving their spirituality
mean?
And why is suffering involved? And why suffering from an illness? How does that " improve their spirituality"?
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Dipping in here,

I have become convinced that in order to progress spiritually (where in the evolution of the soul, occurs as part of as larger process than material development alone), that serious mishaps among many other experiences shape this evolution, and in some cases potentially could halt the evolution by allowing a temporary perception barrier, that prevents vital material circumstance to allow a deeper personal spiritual development to occur.

I say this in a theoretical method, but one very interesting thing is the effect of isolation and incarceration can have on those feelings and perceptions associated with spirituality. perhaps not mishap, but a lack of distraction - allows a clearer perception.

It is hard to quantify what our soul is and needs from my perspective as the soul is bigger than this life or the thoughts and feelings can be, so to assume what we would anticipate as mishap would in fact have no benefit to the larger us, or the soul - well at least in the context I understand it. The life we are living now is a small part of our potential, and if we lived the same live over and over I doubt much progression would occur.

Such events may have serious benefits to the soul, although the temporary and the current perceptual understanding would assume against it, but then perhaps thats the point to the benefit of such a thing?

best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Good questions, Simon. Let me see if I can dowse some answers…

It would appear that a great many souls are aware of the possibility of their being reincarnated. When souls enter the spirit world, they are encouraged, by those in charge of that dimension, to improve their spirituality with the aim of reaching a state where reincarnation is no longer necessary (Nirvana ?). The only way to achieve that state is to overcome suffering, which can take the form of physical (the most common) emotional or psychological problems when incarnate. Spirituality in this context means the ability of the spirit to overcome all problems that are likely to be encountered when incarnate. I get that many souls achieve that state.
A quote from Hamlet comes to mind “ to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune and, by opposing, end them”

I was also interested in Tom’s allusion to the need, in some cases, to isolate the body from the material world in order to increase one;s spirituality.
Geoff

Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote: When souls enter the spirit world, they are encouraged, by those in charge of that dimension, to improve their spirituality with the aim of reaching a state where reincarnation is no longer necessary (Nirvana ?). The only way to achieve that state is to overcome suffering, which can take the form of physical (the most common) emotional or psychological problems when incarnate.
Let's face it, whether we want to admit it or not, we cause our own suffering, by choosing to suffer, whether it be mental or physical.
I do not believe this is 'the only way' to raise our spiritual vibration. For me, it is learning to develop patience, understanding & acceptance, and not judge others - an acceptance of 'what is'.
..but one very interesting thing is the effect of isolation and incarceration can have on those feelings and perceptions associated with spirituality. perhaps not mishap, but a lack of distraction - allows a clearer perception.
Tom - yes, but this can take a very very long time! The isolated or incarcerated have first to go through all the emotions of frustration, possible anger, hopelessness and abandonment, and this can be a long process.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Yes, Helen. I agree with your comments but I must make it clear that dowsers and many others who have metaphysical abilities do not follow the same path as Mankind when we pass on as do those I described in my answers to Simon’s questions above.

Up to 2004, when we passed on we spent about 2 years in R and R in another dimension before being reincarnated, mainly to this planet, our souls being allocated to parents either one or both having metaphysical abilities whether or not a parent was aware of his or her abilities. After 2004, things changed dramatically. Nowadays, after passing on, and after a very short course of rehabilitation, and the removal of all our ills, we are incarnated into the same dimension as before, but in a different location, all in a period of about 5 days..
Geoff

Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

What kind of watershed was 2004, Geoff, and why did things change?
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Prior to 2004, when we passed on, we spent about 2 years in a rather mundane fashion, doing very little in the way of work , cooking our own food and existing on about 50% of the energy we would normally have when alive, just waiting for our next incarnation.

Basically, the changes that occurred in 2004 were…..
The move from a satellite near this planet to a planet in another dimension necessitaing a reduction of body weight due to an increase in gravity of some 500%. Coupled with this is when we retain that body( if we are not geing to be reincarnated) it no lomger needs energy from eating or dinking so it has no digestive system, nor a reproductive system. A considerable amount of time is now spent on helping those on this planet who indulge in metaphysical acrivities, mainly via intuition..

Why things changed in the wat they did is not known by my sources but I think we were “re-mobilized” to assist the Forces of Light in a much more active way
Geoff

Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

Scientists remind me of unbroken horses. They run about all over the place until we slap some reins on them and lead them in a useful direction.

Weapons of mass destruction? GM crops? String you can't push? I rest my case.