Third eye, useful?

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
Durotrigian
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Third eye, useful?

Post by Durotrigian »

I have been reading much online about opening the third eye or 6th chakra which it is claimed is connected with the pineal gland and is located in the centre of the forehead just above the normal eye level. It reputedly increases psychic experiences when successfully activated. Meditation and perhaps chanting, depending on which website I read, appears to be the route to activation.

Dowsing to ask whether it would be in my highest interest to open my third eye is answered by yes and although I have tried over some days to open up, nothing seems to be happening. Dowsing to ask if there is any reason I am not be able to do so is answered no. Puzzling.

Has anybody who has tried this and succeeded, got any ideas about where the problems might lie and also whether it really is effective in increasing dowsing experiences and other spiritual powers please?

Thanks,

Anthony
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Third eye, useful?

Post by simonwheeler »

nothing seems to be happening.
what do you expect/want to happen?

And check out some of the posts in this Forum on protecting yourself....
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Durotrigian
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Post by Durotrigian »

Good question!
According to a number of web sites:-
With an open third eye chakra, it becomes possible to have:-

Easier access to your intuition.
Higher level of consciousness.
Increased Psychic ability.
Stronger mental imagery with deeper spiritual, & psychological significance.
Visions, clairvoyance, with the ability to observe your other chakras, & other people’s auras.

These are typical of the claimed gains to be made but I must admit that I not clear how they would impact on dowsing, I can see other attractions though.

Your point about protection is well made, you may recall that my first post on here was - "A worrying and frightening experience" which was probably caused by my naivety in these matters. Your valuable advice highlighted this and made me think much more carefully about this. I am still grateful for that!

Thanks,

A.
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Durotrigian wrote:I have been reading much online about opening the third eye or 6th chakra which it is claimed is connected with the pineal gland and is located in the centre of the forehead just above the normal eye level. It reputedly increases psychic experiences when successfully activated. Meditation and perhaps chanting, depending on which website I read, appears to be the route to activation.

Dowsing to ask whether it would be in my highest interest to open my third eye is answered by yes and although I have tried over some days to open up, nothing seems to be happening. Dowsing to ask if there is any reason I am not be able to do so is answered no. Puzzling.

Has anybody who has tried this and succeeded, got any ideas about where the problems might lie and also whether it really is effective in increasing dowsing experiences and other spiritual powers please?

Thanks,

Anthony
perhaps it already has happened ;-)

have you tried perceptual techniques, such as envisioning your consciousness as a ball of energy.

Closing your eyes and imagining that energy is inside of you around the belly button, and at the point of your third eye. and there is a connection between the two, and that a ball of white light is slowly moving down between these points. Do your palms heat up while doing it.

meditating for long periods of time can help

the key is to empty your mind, and don't try it and then it will come (if it already hasn't)

I think sometimes the terminology around these things is misleading, I believe I am spiritually connected and have had some help in this area - its not as life changing as the terminology would have you believe, on the subject of spiritual powers, I can't really comment.

Its about perception and philosophy to help you with your life, thats what I get - can't vouch for others though.

Have you dowsed or asked for guidance from your spiritual guide, have you been introduced, again meditation e.t.c can help.

I have some excersizes that have worked for me,

they can be found here>

http://theuniverseandus-twjones.blogspot.co.uk

excuse some of the text, its not well written - and was very early on mostly in my journey, scroll down to the excersizes - they may help, but its nothing thats not in a decent mindfulness or meditation book, or bits you can get online.

Doing them at places of power, can help and ask your dowsing tool where (location) is a good place to start.

best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Durotrigian
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Post by Durotrigian »

Thanks Tom for your thoughtful and constructive post.

I don’t think my quest has been successful so far, at least I don’t recognize the vizualisation with light travelling between the chakras as you describe, or anything approaching it.

Meditation has been my attempted method of opening the eye and from what I have read, it does appear to work in many cases. With practice I have found it fairly easy to empty my mind of chatter and stray thoughts but that does not seem sufficient so far.

As in my original post, dowsing to ask whether it would be in my highest interest to open my third eye is answered by yes. Dowsing to ask if there is any reason I am not be able to do so is answered no. Perhaps further guidance should be requested.

I did download your book back in June 2014 and read it through. I was most impressed by your undertaking such a project. I must re-read it to refresh my memory, especially the parts about Perception and Meditation.

I like your idea about trying "places of power", the thought had not crossed my mind but seems logical and well worth a try.

It may be that I have unrealistic expectations about this gained from reading too many web sites, time will tell!

Thank you again for your helpful suggestions, I believe I will get there eventually but may have to practice more and be patient.

Anthony.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Your final two sentences may well be "right"- however, I also wonder if you are trying too hard....

Simon
Durotrigian
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Post by Durotrigian »

simonwheeler wrote:Your final two sentences may well be "right"- however, I also wonder if you are trying too hard....
Thanks for your wise words Simon.

As a typical Scorpio I naturally throw everything into any project that I undertake ----- trying too hard might be an alternative way of looking at this! I think you may be correct.

I will try a Tom's list of ideas but also will stand back a bit and see if a more casual, relaxed approach works for me.

I am grateful to you both for your help.

Anthony
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

This may help you.

How to Open the Third Eye

The use of the third eye is linked directly to clairvoyance (clear seeing). In many of us, it must be opened or awakened. It does not just happen spontaneously, except in a rare few. I had to take the steps listed below to open mine several years ago. With continued use it will remain open and become easier to maintain. Note: The use of the third eye is very closely entwined with the ability to use your imagination. Without one, the other is very difficult to achieve.

To open the third eye, follow these steps. Don’t expect to see immediate results. It takes time and practice.

1. Begin by quietly meditating and visualizing all the primary chakras. Start at the #1 (Red) chakra and work up. As you visualize the chakras, allow the color of each one permeate your being and fill your body completely before moving on to the next. If you can, try to get a feeling for what each color is to you. For instance, if you visualize red, you may get a feeling of deep inner strength. Once you have tapped into the color/chakra, move on to the next until you have worked all the way to the crown chakra.

2. If, while moving through the chakras, you happen up on any areas of difficulties or blocks, visualize the
chakra itself (it may look like a vortex or whirling gear) turning clockwise until it is freemoving. When the color is moving freely through the chakra, move on to the next. Picture this vortex in your mind and apply the color pertinent to the chakra on which you are working.

3. After you have moved through all the chakras, go back to the brow chakra (indigo) and allow it to fill upyour being. What does that color feel like to you? What feelings are stimulated?

4) When you come out of your meditation, use your finger to gently massage the third eye area (jusbetween the brows, slightly higher). You may use lavender oil if you wish, to help the brain identify the
color of the flower color with the chakra. The lavender flower pictured below is close to the color indigo.

5) During your next meditation, tap into the brow chakra again and allow your being to be filled with the color indigo. Once you have done this, (and this should be easier than the first time), quiet your mind
again. This time, imagine yourself in a movie theater – alone. Focus on the blank white screen in front of you. Keep your thoughts clear. Do not allow anything to influence what you might see on the screen.
Allow your subconscious mind to project onto the screen what you need to see. It may be a letter or series of letters, a word, a number or you may begin to see short flickers of a movie playing before you. Pay attention. Don’t allow yourself to fall asleep. Repeat this meditation daily.

6) You will begin to notice a rash or slight skin peeling in the area of the third eye once this area begins to open. It may become flaky or itchy. This is a good indication that your third eye is now becoming active.

7) Once you have become comfortable with your meditations and practices, the next thing to do is to begin integrating your third-eye vision with your physical eyes. You will need to learn to shift your focus
“up” into the third eye area. To learn how to do this, try practicing with Stereograms.
http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo61.htm
Once you are comfortable with shifting your focus by practicing with these learning aids, move on to step 8. You can find more of these unique Stereograms by clicking on the link.

8) Go outside and look to the sky. Find an airplane. Shifting your vision up, locate the field of energy around the plane. It will appear as a bubble, either white, dark or a color. This is easier to do if you wear
sunglasses. Practice this technique on trees, cars, animals that are sitting still, etc. Be careful not to be fooled by the phenomena of negative photographic impression to interfere. This happens when you focus
on a subject and then shift your vision. The negative image will follow with your vision. The image you
should be seeing will be an actual field of light around your subject.
Good luck and happy envisioning!

From an Article by: Lori Lee Nelson (Houstom,Texas)
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Durotrigian
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Post by Durotrigian »

Thank you so much Geoff for your comprehensive and informative post.

When I started this thread I had no idea how complex this all was going to be.
I liked Simon’s idea that I could be trying too hard which might allow me to ease off and wait a bit but no, the "no gain without pain" law seems to apply here!

I have also been following Tom’s route + some internet ideas and perhaps have made some progress, being able to meditate quite deeply and even seeing purple/indigo shapes (human outlines even occasionally) around my brow chakra area with my eyes closed. Unfortunately due to a lack of quiet privacy, this is not always possible.

Now I have your post, your blueprint will be followed for steps 1-5 and eventually steps 6 - 7 to try to achieve my aim.

Information on-line is often misleading, for instance - "Awaken your third eye (in 5 minutes)" is on You Tube but does not work for me!

I intend to keep trying as far as I am able but strangely, psychic experiences continue to occur sporadically and uninvited as previously, without my third eye being open, so it does not appear to be a vital requirement in my case.

A big thank you for the help I have received, I’ll get there in the end.

Anthony
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

I’ll get there in the end.
Sorry- at the risk of sounding...whatever...no you won't. Because once you get "there" you may well find another "there" to which you want to get...and so it goes on... :roll:

Simon