Walbrzych Nazi Gold Train

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Two treasure hunters think they have found a Nazi Gold train

Post by Merlin »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-20/n ... im/6710156
The tale of a legendary Nazi ghost train carrying gold which allegedly disappeared without trace in the dying days of the Second World War has taken a new twist.
Two men have filed a “finder's claim" with a district council in Poland for an “armoured train” carrying precious metals, fuelling speculation the mysterious train has been located.
The claim was filed in the south-west Polish town of Walbrzych and could put an end to 70 years of rumour, myth and fruitless treasure hunts for the ghost train.
According to local media reports, two claimants - a Pole and a German - say they have found a 500-foot long “armoured train” with gun platforms and a cargo of “precious metals”.
I'm really surprised by this story as I thought the Soviets were rather thorough with checking sites, an abandoned railway tunnel would have surely been checked even if it had the entrances blown up.

The Soviets themselves were quick to loot anything of value and bury it with the intention of going back to it later, with the high casualty rate in the Soviet forces it can be only speculated how much stuff has been buried and forgotten about so there is always that avenue for treasure hunters.

Going back to the train, if it is in a tunnel complex under the mountains that was reached by a secret entrance in the now closed railway tunnel, then it could be protected by mines and booby traps. Hence why the Polish Army is on standby.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Two treasure hunters think they have found a Nazi Gold t

Post by mike »

Dont think I will get a finders fee but TWO places either side of Ksiaz Castle dowse with buried Gold and Silver for me, one to the West is 60 to 70 feet down, and the other to the north/east a little over 100 feet down.I think its very possible something of WW 2 treasure is hidden in railway tunnels around here, where are my shoes again ? :lol:
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I came across this update on the gold train story - it's rather long but worth a look. If you get about 3/4 of the way through it there are pictures of his dowsing rods, one of which is particularly interesting:

CLICK HERE FOR FULL ARTICLE.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

The gizmo in your picture is actually referred to as "Boczek’s Ukrainian old-fashioned metal detector".
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Walbrzych Nazi Gold Train

Post by Merlin »

The hunt for the train was stopped in December 2015 after a press conference in which it was announced by experts that there was no evidence of a train, however, work to find to investigate the ground anomalies has gone ahead and several pits have been dug, There is drone footage of the dig site. However, when looking at the location several things become apparent.

The rumours of the gold train stated that it was in a tunnel under a mountain, sure enough, there are hills (mountain) nearby where the Ksiaz Castle is located. However where the dig site the land doesn't appear to be that hilly. The dig site does look like it is on a former railway spur, however, this is on the wrong side and the aerial evidence suggests it curved away in the opposite direction of the hills. Of course, a line could go under the remaining railway tracks.

The link for the drone footage can be found here:

(mod - merged with previous thread - GG)
Last edited by Grahame on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added media embed codes
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Walbrzych Nazi Gold Train

Post by Grahame »

Nice find with the drone footage, Merlin.

I've merged your post with a previous thread about the gold train.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Merlin »

I've got a feeling that this story may come to a conclusion soon
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Film on TV tonight about the train, Im recording it as I dont want to see anything till I finish dowsing it, or this could influence me, and I would rather do it my way.
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Merlin »

I watched this, more convinced than ever they are looking in the wrong area, although suspect a tunnel entrance near to where they are digging. Don't know understand why nobody has test drilled through the tunnel wall where they suspect the station is under the castle?