Using Dowsing as aid to Philosophical Speculation.

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Using Dowsing as aid to Philosophical Speculation.

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

Now, I admit I'm not the best dowser when it comes to finding lost car keys or awol engagement rings in Ireland. But if I forgo my desire for verification of an immediate nature I find that over time non-verifiable dowsing in (approved?) areas gives consistent results.

I've built up a model of 'reality' which satisfies me and is not contradicted by further speculation.

Philosophically speaking I cut my eye teeth, as it were, on the writings of Alice Bailey with the occasional foray into Theosophy by way of Blavatsky's Secret Doctrine. Dowsing on this body of Occult Philosophy enables me to seek clarification on certain presentments and to make some headway on my own ideas based on said philosophy.

In some of the Bailey books there's a diagram representing what they call the Cosmic Physical Plane with seven subplanes, the lowest of which being what we think of as OUR physical plane or, as the occultists have it, the subplane of materiality.

Above this, according to the diagram, is the astral (sub)plane which, if memory serves, is the Plane of Desire, subordinate to the higher, mental plane.

Now, at one point the Master who dictated the text of her books to Mrs bailey looked forward to the day when the astral plane will be dissipated, apparently by the actions of humanity itself. Why? Food for philosophical speculation?

Further to this is a diagram in the Secret Doctrine which proposes that the planet on which we live is but one of seven. The Earth it says is septenary. There are apparently seven GLOBES, as they call them, labelled (strangely in my opinion) A to G. We - (you, me and next door's moggy) live on the fourth globe (D) and move in sequence round the loop of seven globes until we reach 'perfection'.

Returning to philosophical speculation, I discovered that the 5th globe does NOT have an astral plane. What? Is there no DESIRE on Globe 5? Apparently there IS, so how can this be if there is no astral?

After a few pints and a quick squint at the barmaid's bosom, a dowse-able question dawns. It's a matter of positive v negative. The astral plane is the plane of NEGATIVE desire or, more precisely, its the plane where people go to be PURGED of their negative desires. Purgatory anyone?

The astral plane is where people go to be brought up to scratch in terms of what the Cosmos wants of us. On the other hand the plane of positive desire (I was given no name for it) is where people go who are already up to scratch but are required to learn higher forms of desire before incarnating again and, hopefully, bringing these positive lessons with them into the realm of physical plane life.

Additionally to this our 4th Globe ALSO has a plane of positive desire - it's just that not many people go there at the current time.

Apparently, no matter what plane or level of existence one is considering, there is a positive and negative version of it existing concurrently.

One can go further, but I think I've said enough to justify the topic - and possibly get myself banned from the website for 'the wrong kind of dowsing'.

Ah, there's nothing like a good purge!
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Using Dowsing as aid to Philosophical Speculation.

Post by simonwheeler »

You might also like to check out this particular site :!: :idea:
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Dowse the Kabbalah eh, Simon? That should keep me out of trouble for a while.

Reminds me, years ago I bought Bardon's book on the subject and thus far have barely opened the cover. Perhaps now is a good time to get out my magnifying glass and peruse its pages. Or download another copy to kindle.

What one dowses depends on the questions arising in ones mind, and that depends on ones philosophical background and resonance with the presented material. These days I avoid wisdom associated with organised religion because of the emotional hooks it sends out to the unwary. Malkuth? "Come in sit down shut up and listen" is not my bag, as the hippies say.

But I do take Bardon seriously and, through him, the Kabbalah.

Looking at the Tree of Life certain questions arise.

1. Are the Sephiroth representative of anything substantive, ie of matter in any of its many forms. NO

2. Are they representative of 'psychological states', of consciousness? YES

3. Must the perfected man incorporate ALL Sephiroth? NO

4. If not how many? SEVEN

5. Must CERTAIN Sephiroth be incorporated in ALL perfected men? YES

6. Are these the central 4? YES

7. Is consciousness energy? YES

8. Is energy consciousness? NO

One could dowse the ToL to see how it relates to Magic.

Frankly, armed with as powerful an aid to philosophical thinking as deviceless dowsing offers us I wonder why we bother to ponce around lumps of rock on windy moors with bent coat hangers.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Dowse the Kabbalah eh, Simon? That should keep me out of trouble for a while.
And next: A.Crowley's Book of Correspondences..... :lol: :oops:
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

And next: A.Crowley's Book of Correspondences..... :lol: :oops:
Do you have a deadline?

You may mock, sir, you may titter but it's the progressives who explore new territory and take humanity forward into new levels of understanding.

The conservatives preserve the old - and sell the ice creams.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Enjoyed your posts, as usual, Lyndon! You must be a hoot to hang out with! :mrgreen:

Is the first link in your signature your blogspot? I'm perusing it as we speak.
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Thanks for the thumbs up, Helen - much appreciated.

Yes, the blogspot is mine and is a record of messages I received some years ago.

Oh, I'll be in trouble NOW.