Follow up to 'The Sun and the Serpent'?

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
PaulC

Follow up to 'The Sun and the Serpent'?

Post by PaulC »

Hi everyone,

A question from a newcomer: I've just finished reading Miller and Broadhurst's 'The Sun and the Serpent', and found it a fascinating read. My question relates to the parts of the Michael and Mary Lines that were not dowsed by the authors. For example, they missed a section that crossed a wilder part of Dartmoor, and in a few other instances were unable to gain access to buildings/churches etc where the lines could be traced. Have others taken up the quest and filled in those blanks? I'm presuming the answer is 'yes', given that Miller and Broadhurst were dowsing in 1987-1989 and so much interest has been shown in their work since. But is information about any follow up work readily available anywhere?

And, secondly, an observation concerning one of the locations they mention in the book. On p.192 they trace the Michael line through the village of Aldbourne, which they locate in Hampshire, though from the description and geographical location this seems to be one and the same as Aldbourne in Wiltshire (has the county boundary changed?). A few years ago, I spent a few days in Wiltshire visiting the white horse hill figures and some other sites, and I spent part of one day in Aldbourne. On the hill outside the village are four barrows, and I walked the track out of the village to see them. My camera was working perfectly that day until I got to the barrows, when it wouldn't function as though the battery was drained. But when I walked through the gate to take the track back to the village, the camera started working again, and in fact was fine after that! Make of that what you will!
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Follow up to 'The Sun and the Serpent'?

Post by Grahame »

Hi Paul,

There is a thread in the earth energies section about the Michael/Mary line that may answer some of your questions. I will merge this post into that in due course.

This post has the documentary film about Hamish and Paul dowsing the line, which may be of interest?

Other people have certainly worked on dowsing the line, but I don't know of any follow-up book on the subject.

The route is now a recognised Pilgrim's Path, and there are a few sites that detail the route, although it's more about the walk and doesn't follow the energy currents:

https://britishpilgrimage.org/portfolio ... grims-way/

https://marymichaelpilgrimsway.org/

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1072194

And here's a video about walking part of the Dartmoor section:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

What a wonderful video,just a shame I can never walk this way again,but I feel the magic of the place watching the video today,many thanks.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The village of Aldbourne Wilts does have Barrows on the west side very powerful both sides of the B4192 there just out of the village, both these Barrows have energy Leys from north to south and east to west passing through them both, with the Barrow on the north side of the road having a spring just below ground level which drops to 30 feet and runs from the east direction.I dowsed the Michael Mary Line to be 2191.31 yards to the south of Aldborough, with at this time having 32 Michael and 32 Mary lines, and running counter to each other I believe.The Michael and Mary Lines can be dowsed just north of Moscow to the east, and Lake Titicaca in South America to the west, I have not dowsed further to where they travel worldwide yet, but in my opinion the Michael Line comes from Norfolk alone, with Mary coming from the west but mixing with each other along the route they both take.

The middle of MM is about 51.2513n. 1.3707 w, but it’s taken off Google Earth today. 15/11/21.
Last edited by mike on Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Just this morning I dowsed the Michael and Mary line passing Easter Islands, which may explain the many carved statues on this island, they are now 32 wide with 16 Mary and 16 Michael, and after December 3rd will be 16 wide for a year in its cycle of reducing and growing every 4 years. The force passes Ovaha on the ne coast of Easter Island, to almost Pu O Hiro, with in my opinion Mary running counter to Michael along it’s length, a really good find today.

So many groups of statues on the islands in the MM numbers of 64/32/16/8 here, like they wanted to mark the passage of MM anywhere with these groups of statues, so interesting.