Water dowsing in South Australia

Media reports relating to water issues in general.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Water dowsing in South Australia

Post by Grahame »

Northern Daily Leader wrote:A dying artform: water diviners few and far between
WALKING across a parched paddock with a thick, hooped wire over one shoulder and a metal rod in one hand, southeast South Australian farmer Roger Fiebig says he has received the odd quizzical look from passers by in the past five decades.

The tools are just a couple in the arsenal of a dying breed - the water diviner.

The old water-finding practice of divining, or dowsing, is shrouded in mystique - it is known as water witching in the USA - and has its fair share of skeptics but also an equal share of staunch believers.
Click Here for full story.

Such a shame that they are having trouble finding new dowsers in South Australia. However, the art seems to be doing pretty well in New South Wales.

Anyone fancy moving out to Oz to help out? :?:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Water dowsing in South Australia

Post by mike »

I like the idea of a hooped dowsing rod, I have to make one of those tomorrow now, Im always on the lookout for new methods of dowsing.I often in the past used an old car aerial, those expanding ones, but its not something you can use inside the car today, poke someones eyes out !! I know my mate Kevin had a 6 feet dowsing rod he used at the Rollrights, but I thought that a little extreme. For water I dont think you can beat the old Y rod, its a natural means and has been used for hundreds perhaps thousands of years now, sometimes the old ways are the best. If people want new water supplies they can always ask folk here on this forum, sure enough dowsers are here that will help.

Near Melendella where the dowsing chap lives seems a bit dry to the east of him, while to the nw and north water can be found I feel. Perhaps he drained all the natural springs to the east in the past helping his farmer friends, or the soil and rock here does not hold the water as well ?? Like he says you might have to go deeper to find water now, the springs have dropped in water levels over time, its natural if you taking more water out than can be replaced in natural sumps.

Water springs run just east of the top Melendella and Horstmann Rd, running nw to se across the fields, ONLY 7 PINTS a minute but its drinking water in my opinion and a 100 feet down.

If BOT is out there Hi to you, we share so much time on this web site, yet I cannot find where you live or the area, you are here more times than me,I wonder if you live anywhere near me in Bedworth Warks mate ??
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Water the world over seems to be getting much worse as the water tables get lower and lower, does anyone on this forum know of any group which digs or bores wells abroad ? I would love to dowse for water where its scarce and a problem for those people, we see every night on TV people asking for money to buy new equipment and the means to dig new bore holes.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

mike wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:15 pm does anyone on this forum know of any group which digs or bores wells abroad ?
https://www.villagewater.org/

https://www.rtu.org.uk/

https://waterforlife.org/

...to name just a few, all with dowsing connections.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Thanks Grahame, Im not the brightest spark on computers, as you know, lost my password more times than I care to remember ? :mrgreen:
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

You still manage to be the most prolific poster on this forum Mike, so you're not doing too badly with the computer! :)
Grahame
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

It might be something to do with having the biggest mouth Grahame, posting all the time on every subject, I have to post quick before I forget what I wish to say !! Think my computer trouble is Arthritic fingers as well, keep pressing the wrong key :mrgreen:

Slows down my open hand dowsing as well arthritic fingers, I keep having to take the bend out of my little finger before I can start dowsing, and then taking the stiffness out when it seizes up again :D