Waun Mawn

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.
Christoffer

Waun Mawn

Post by Christoffer »

This spring news reached my small scandinavian country that a place in Wales now is thought to have housed a very many of the present stones of Stonehenge, erected in the same positions.

I cite from the Guardian: A series of buried stone-holes that follow the circle’s outline has been unearthed, with shapes that can be linked to Stonehenge’s bluestone pillars. One of them bears an imprint in its base that matches the unusual cross-section of a Stonehenge bluestone “like a key in a lock”, the archaeologists discovered.

More comprehensive, from the journal Antiquity: www.cambridge.org/core/journals/antiqui ... E3136FBC33

I havent been able through Google to find out if Waun Mawn before 2010 was known to be a megalithic site...

Next question: Has any UK dowser been able to investigate Waun Mawn? Or is it still shut off because of archaeological investigations?
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Waun Mawn

Post by Grahame »

Hi Christoffer,

I'm not personally aware of anyone who has dowsed Waun Mawn, but I would suggest that it's almost certainly been visited by the West Wales Dowsers at some point, so it would be worth getting in touch with them about it.

Waun Mawn was also used by Jonathan Morris, in his book A Neolithic Universe, as a site to demonstrate that the world is round, and that the bluestones taken to Stonehenge may have been in commemoration of that. More details on his theory HERE.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Shut off or not you can still visit with Google Earth any time or day, for me the site is very small and nothing like Parker Bowles said with some stones being taken to Stonehenge, its Sacred Circle is just 18 to 20 feet wide, well in my opinion and nothing like the huge size reported.

The radius of the Sacred Circle is 13.69 feet in my dowsing opinion, the other stones out wide could have been for ceremony where folk walked around the site ?
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

i am reliably informed that the West Wales Dowsers will be visiting Waun Mawn this coming October (2021) - either the 10th or the 17th TBC.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

While without doubt the stones erected around the outer edge of Waun Mawn are large for me they dont mark the outer edge of the Sacred Ground in the centre, every ancient site has a complex inner powerful circle or oval, where the forces are the strongest, and the crossed Leys being at the VERY centre of this. Here the centre circle is very small in my opinion, and is nothing like how PB describes this site, and to claim stones from here went or were taken to Stonehenge, well I just cannot see this ever being the case at all in my humble opinion. I have looked all over Devon and Cornwall and South Wales for some large Sacred Site where the Stonehenge stones could have been taken from, but I have yet to find anywhere of this nature, yes many fine ancient sites are to be found all over, but nothing like that spoken of by PB, I think its pure fiction. We know the blue stones came from Wales, and I have no problem with that, but the story stones were taken from a powerful large Sacred Site in Wales to build Stonehenge, I have yet to be convinced of that ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Should have posted I dowsed 11 Gold coins a short distance west of this site, worth a look while your there !!
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I wonder what report the West Wales Group made of the ancient site, if my legs were better I would visit to plot it’s active size and see how the land lays, no matter how good you dowse you cannot beat on site, it’s where the guardian forces meet you half way.