Does pendulum shape matter?

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
SparkTalker
Beginner
Beginner

Does pendulum shape matter?

Post by SparkTalker »

I was looking through my (small) collection of pendulums, some home made and some shop bought ones, and while doing so I noted how some pendulum shapes seemed to 'call' to me, but others offered no attraction in particular.

All of the various designs 'work', though I do find some of them have much greater and more rapid responses than others.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does pendulum shape/style effect your dowsing experiences (assuming you use a pendulum that is)?

I was also wondering if there has ever been any published works outlining the benefits of certain weight shapes in respect to their intended field of usage.

Of the few I have here I find that the chunky/dumpy round pendulums suit my tastes best. I have two or three that I have made from lead fishing weights, drilled out so as to allow the fitting of a leather 'cord' or 'lace' to suspend them. I did buy one that had a rather fancy looking spiral spring around the outside, and yet another that consisted of a hollow tube so as to hold a sample or witness item. I have one or two small, pointed, turned brass pendulums for good measure too.

Out of all the above styles I always gravitate back to the homemade spherical lead weight ones. They don't look impress, but they 'feel right'. Does that make sense?

Mark...
"Responses are limited, you must ask the right questions."