Strange or not strange results from a dowsing test

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Christoffer

Strange or not strange results from a dowsing test

Post by Christoffer »

The other day I came upon the following report:

https://ijhc.org/2022/01/06/dowsing-anchoring-in-time/

The report describes an experiment where one group of proficient map dowsers were asked to identify out of 10 hidden buckets one with water in it.

The other group consisted of persons with no previous experience of dowsing. The were able to chose between several dowsing instruments but not given any instructions on how to use them.

The results:

Original analysis showed 100% failure in the dowsing group and 30% success in the control. As this was a statistical surprise, the data were reviewed. Based on information from Betz (1995), the next subjects placement was reviewed. It was determined that participants had accurately predicted the placement which was run for the next person and not for themselves. Further, they had completed their testing prior to the randomization being run. The final subjects randomization was run after this reanalysis process was suggested by the data and it too matched the results. The results suggest that in order for subject 1 to perceive subject 2 bucket placement, some change in the awareness of time or level of precognition may have been engaged.

Strange ...

I have a question mark: the text doesn´t inform whether the map dowsers were sitting at home or were precent at the experiment.

Have such results been recorded with other tests?
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Strange or not strange results from a dowsing test

Post by Grahame »

Christoffer wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:56 amHave such results been recorded with other tests?
That's an interesting finding, but not unheard of. Dr Dean Radin has done lots of work on the precognition phenomenon, although not with dowsers involved. He has an interesting online precognition test hat you can sign up for here. It's free and fun to dowse your way through.

I recommend his books 'Entangled Minds' and 'Real Magic' - in fact, I recommend anything he's ever written! :lol:

Here's his presentation on Real Magic.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Here's an interesting blog post on precognition (originally posted the same day as Chistoffer's post - spooky!):

The Mystery of Your Time: The Science of Precognition
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Christoffer

Post by Christoffer »

Grahame wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:45 am
Christoffer wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:56 amHave such results been recorded with other tests?
That's an interesting finding, but not unheard of. Dr Dean Radin has done lots of work on the precognition phenomenon, although not with dowsers involved. He has an interesting online precognition test hat you can sign up for here. It's free and fun to dowse your way through.

I recommend his books 'Entangled Minds' and 'Real Magic' - in fact, I recommend anything he's ever written! :lol:

Here's his presentation on Real Magic.
Interesting information.

I registred at the research site, and did 3 trials in a row, dowsing the answeres. First trial 38% hits, third 58%.

On the subject of ESP/Psi in some connection to dowsing:

Have any experiments been done with dowsers being hypnotized? The subject of Brian L Weiss book 'Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy' made me think of the topic.

Have any dowsers registred differences in results on different times of the day, dowsing the same question?

Reading www.researchgate.net/publication/261222 ... real_Time
got me thinking in that direction.

The author, researcher James Spottiswoode set out to find if there were any physical way to understand how the information transfer occurs in ESP, like the geomagnetic field or climate factors. He processed some 2 500 trials, he found that the ESP effect size increased with 340 - 450% when the trials were done within one hour of 13.30 LST.
Spottiswoode writes: This is evidence of a casual connection between performance and the orientation of the receiver (i.e a term for subject or participant) the earth and the fixed stars.

LST= Local Star Time, or Sidereal Time. Find it at www.localsiderealtime.com

At about LST 13.5 hours, Sagittarius A* (the massive black hole at the center of our Milky Way galaxy) just happens to be rising above the horizon for latitudes where the LST effect size data was obtained - between 32 and 55 degrees North. And, at about 18 hours LST, Sgr A* is at its high point in the sky - roughly 30 degrees above the horizon in the due south direction.
from www.p-i-a.com/Magazine/Issue16/Intuition_16.htm