Go out and find stuff much?

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Go out and find stuff much?

Post by mike »

Got interested with the Jacobite Gold which was left its reported close to Fort William in that area, going to take a look around and see what I can see, might still have some left in the Highlands that has not been taken away or found yet.Scotland has a different method to things of value found from past times, I think it remains the property of the Scottish Crown, so wait and see what I find if anything,it does belong in a Museum for sure,NOT any back pocket. 8) Phew at least 12 places to search around according to the story of where the gold coins might be buried and left, and with so many Clan chiefs involved it could be all gone or most of it already gone, who knows.But just a chance some remains,many people who followed the cause would have protected the money and not stolen it, such was the feelings at the time.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

OUT of respect to the good people who died sometimes in the most horrible way during the Battle Of Culloden before and after I am not saying any more on the Jackobite Gold, I will email the Scottish Archo folks who can choose to ignore me or work with me, its up to them.Reading up on the wars it does open your eyes to past history and the cruel ways of men at the time, something not to repeat ever I hope....I have to say I have been ignored by the very best people in the past over dowsing issues, English Heritage/Richard Branson/Church Of Rome/NASA/CCA/Kentucky University/and others, dowsing does not interest many people of science or leaning, which is a pity...I dont ever claim to be 100% correct every time with dowsing, its fun to me and always be a fun thing, something to do when the dark nights are here or its wet and cold outside, and nothing but repeats on the TV. :lol:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I have found an email address so I fired off an email to them the Scottish Archo people, I hope they allow me to work with them on this, I cannot do any leg work but I can point to where to dig, and I hope thats enough to get them interested, fingers crossed, really make my day. 8)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Had a very prompt and polite reply from the TTU group in Scotland, but they only assist AFTER something has been found, so Im a little lost now as to what to do,the longer the coins are in the ground the more chance they will be found and melted down perhaps.Im NOT saying this will happen, I know a lot of honest metal detectorists who will call the Scottish Board immediatly with any finds, but its a worry some finds will disappear, thats if I dowsed it right ?? 8)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I read somewhere the rivers of Cornwall and Devon were once rich with Gold, and to be honest I have found some places where gold exists and could be mined, but I just wonder how true that report was.It would need following all the larger rivers some distance to check if any gold veins still run off from the rivers and creeks,which would over thousands of years collect in the rivers.Wales has no doubt in my mind many places where good gold finds can still be made, with most of them spread about but again not far from rivers, so looking along the river valleys could have results.And this must be true of Scotland with natural gold finds still there and worth checking out along the river valleys and places,its not the sort of think you think of in the UK, but its ONLY because people have stopped looking today...So perhaps its time someone with a big nose went looking, now WHO could that be ?? :lol:
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

"And this must be true of Scotland with natural gold finds still there"
They still have gold-finding competition in Moffat every year (Dumfries & Galloway).
http://www.moffatgold2017.com/
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Thanks Simon, I would love to wear my kilt and get the trusty L rod out and have a go at that, going to check out the web site to see where it takes place, its good fun,chasing the yellow iron. :lol: :lol:

Cracking web site Simon,think Im getting the gold fever, but hey I cannot bend over to put my socks on, so HOW do I pan then, with difficulty !!! But well worth a look around there on Google Earth, might be a mother load just waiting to be found, you never know. :lol:

Annan Water just north of Moffat has a brook/stream running from the north and while its small it has gold along parts of it,if I could walk and dig I would work that area for sure.And both to the East and West of Moffat are places where gold is ,but its 30 feet deep in a long vein in my opinion, AND another place close to the A74 M road has more gold.The stream has a few places where dowsing shows good amounts of gold Simon,get you boots out and the spade in the shed mate, we are on a winner. :lol:

Wanlockhead in Scotland you can buy permits to dig for gold, and I believe to the west is a small amount at 3 to 5 feet down in two places just a short vein there, good hunting.Kildonan is another place where you can buy a permit to dig for gold, Im checking that area now, this is exciting, like having bangers for dinner !!

Kildonan is a good place to the North/West in 3 places with small but very good amounts there, and its close to the surface so no heavy work.Small short veins east to west but better than the other sites if you live local....Thanks Simon, dont forget the finders fee. :lol:
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Sorry Mike- for me it can stay where it belongs...in the ground!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I would only be like the natives and take what I need for the day, if you have money in the bank for a rainy day why need more, but the thrill of finding it after you dowse the vein has to be special...Not a case of looking for the largest vein, but ANY vein of gold, they are all gold after all, find one and you find them all,it has to be exciting and special, just wish I was up to it to get out and look......Checking Cornwall and Devon I get on the first map well east and picked up something right away, but it was Roman gold not natural,not coins but items, so its back later and try again.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Some yeas ago about 2002 or 2003 I was very active around Wiltshire and the crop circles looking every week for anything new, and at the time Barbury Castle was in the middle of all that was going on. I would be there off and on many times looking out for new formations, and I got a feeling for the site which is very ancient.I dowsed at the time something special in that area, but I never put my finger on just what it offered in the way of things hidden in the very distant past.So today Im looking again at that position and all around to see what I missed at the time, come back here if I pick up anything of interest.. :lol:

Yes its still there at the same position as before, and its a small amount of gold and silver items not money or coins, I date when it was buried as 4200 years ago so its very old what ever it is.Might be some sort of ancient jewellery but not rings, I dowsed for that, but the historic value has to be very high.Im pleased it remains hidden as before,waiting for the right time to be found no doubt, it should be in a Museum for the people to look at rather than some private collection.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

So much reported missing and all things of value hidden all over the world when you check the Internet, I looked at the story of Mosby Raiders during the US Civil War and its a fascinatiing story of daring raids behind enemy lines, to keep the other troops tied up protecting their bridges and stuff.And one story spoke of his group catching an entire group of soldiers who were taking a bag of things of great value back to camp for protection, so he took it off them, but was forced to bury those things when he was confronted by a larger enemy force.And those things were never ever dug up again, as the troops he sent to recover them was caught and hung, and he never ever sent anyone else out to get them.This all happened near the US town of Culpeper Virginia and what was then the old road 211, I checked and while I never found anything close to Culpeper, I did find something along the 211 road of great value....I spend a lot of time checking out these old stories from around the world, as some of them do have interesting results, and I find it so much fun looking, you just dont know what you might find ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Dowsing the Channel Islands tonight I have had a few hits where gold and silver items are buried, and one place shows Church items are buried here of great value to the Church.Problem with any church is they dont want to work with dowsers, we are not good people in their eyes, which is a great pity...I think those church items were buried during the war when the Germans landed on the island, so they might be Jewish perhaps, or some church warden buried them for safety not trusting the Germans, who knows now...Other finds include gold and silver coins of great age off the coast, and some bronze of great age as well, far more things than I found looking before here,an exciting hour dowsing and fun.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Looking at the weird shapes in China and wondering what they are, I noticed two places in Mongolia close together where large amounts of gold and silver and Jewels are buried five feet deep in the mountains and woods, I just wonder if this is the final resting place of some ancient war lord, they date from over 1000 years ago ??
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

3 possible people buried there Genghis Khan or his third son Ogedei Khan or Temur Khan, going back to see if someone is buried there along with the loot/treasure ?

Yes both have someone buried there in each case, I wonder if their horses went in with them,go back and look again ?

Yes they all had their horse buried with them, plus I found another site close again in the same sort of area, so it might be a place set aside for war leaders of the past, a protected area with natural influence of the planet perhaps.The dates are 1500/1200/1300 years ago when they were buried I believe ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Four Corners Monument USA have at least 3 places where natural gold veins run, and two of them are good running north to south and would make you rich, but the best one is 15 feet deep in rock there, and would be hard to mine and dig.