Go out and find stuff much?

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Go out and find stuff much?

Post by mike »

Thinking about this more before dropping off to sleep I believe something of big value was buried in a cave, but not in the places mentioned for the Grand Quivira Hoard where they think it could be...I dowsed and found a place further north where I believe a large amount of BOTH gold and silver ore have been buried in a cave,and since the two things dont often get buried together I believe this could be the GQHoard.Im sure at the time of the revolt those in charge just had to bury a huge amount of gold and silver ore in a hurry to avoid it being stolen back, and they must have picked a cave close enough to the mine workings to hide the loot.And it had to be just a cave, and not old mine workings as the locals would have known of the cave if it had already been worked in the past, its the first place you would look.....Any time you check the Internet and find a story of this or that lost mine, you can dowse its position as well as a date stamp to the workings or when something was buried, so you have a few things which offer pointers to what you have found....Its so interesting when I dowse around Arizona and New Mexico as well as Cornwall or Dartmoor or Wales, most if not all the natural gold and silver mines run nne to ssw or e to w, is it something to do with the last magnetic swing of the poles perhaps ?? And the fun thing is you find some robber has made off with the Wells Fargo box full of gold coins, and where you look is a natural gold mine instead a few feet underground along the road he made his getaway. :mrgreen:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Checking out the Internet of the many lost gold mines and places where gold veins were found and lost in California, I dowsed the Adams Point/Lake Merrick area for anything there, and its all built now around the lake.But along Ivy Drive on the north side in one of the gardens at 5 feet is I believe 3000 gold coins waiting to be found, so someone will get a surprise if they dig the garden out for a swimming pool. :mrgreen:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Looking at New Hampshire in the US I dowsed a few places where natural gold veins run across the ground some not very deep, its had in the past a few gold mines that were worked, but they all ran out after a few years.But really its a place where gold can still be found if you look, Im sure someone should have a good look around to open these new places up,with it being shallow getting it out cannot be hard.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

THINK I have the yellow iron fever,looking at the stories of long lost mines I came across Downieville CA USA, and to the NW and W of Downieville I believe at least two gold veins run e to west across the mountains there,both a good amount to look for, and well worth working both places.Just wish I was 40 again and could walk, I would have been on a plane long ago packing a pick axe and shovel. :mrgreen:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Checking Johnson Canyon Road Utah for the treasure of Montezuma I never dowsed anything around there, all except a natural gold mine on the mountain top running east to west like so many do both in the US and UK.And the site of the lake at Kanab is the same, nothing showing near Kanab of a huge treasure in my opinion, or Granite Gorge Grand Canyon either....But I do believe its a true story folks, I picked up something hidden thats huge in terms of jewels and gold ore and worked gold items, all in the same place in the mountains,and the only worry is about the curse thats protecting it :lol: :lol:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Checked today the story of the old Jesuit smelting site at Tubac Arizona, where its claimed much of the gold was buried during the revolt there, but I dowsed nothing close at all in any direction from the Church where the smelter was, but far to the west was a natural gold mine hidden in the mountains still today, and running north to south downhill which is different from most. A lot of people believe gold was buried here in the past, but for me its all gone now, or the stories are not really true.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Something did not ring true for me about Tubac being a place where smelting was done on the gold found so I went back and looked again, and I found a site near Tubac and another at Amado to the north where a hidden mine/vein is waiting to be found, and both are good in the amount of ore there.These might be new veins, or perhaps ones worked in the past I dont know, its funny they remained hidden when I dowsed before today, it all just never rang true, so I dowsed again and picked up these ones....I just thought WHY would a smelter be made and used if no gold was close to provide the gold ore to smelt, it just never rang true dowsing the first time round.Or perhaps some sort of protection was cloaking the mines/veins, you never know, its happened to me before at Pirate Island In the Indian Ocean, when I first dowsed the island and got nothing ??
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Looked yesterday at Dragoon Mountain where its said Cochise had a place where he hid up and raided the local area once, I dowsed about and picked up two places where gold coins are hidden in my opinion.Gold and Silver coins are buried close to the 10 road there and only 2 to 3 feet deep, not a huge haul but worth looking for if you live local, and another site close to the Cascabel Airport/road which is north of the Mountain, here gold coins again at the same sort of depth, with a better gold coin haul close to the path to a house, just east of the Cascabell Road.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Looking south of Yuma Arizona in the desert area there is a gold vein small but very inviting, and to the west is I believe 4000 gold Spanish coins hidden which was buried 400 years ago there and those could be worth a great deal today with gold what value it is now.
TN FireWalker
Beginner
Beginner

Post by TN FireWalker »

Mike, I so wish I had a partner to go out Dowsing with to scout out your finds.
I do know, depending on where South of Yuma you are referring to, is not such a safe place. San Luis, AZ is where we cross the Border into Mexico. The little town is safe, even the town right across the border, San Luis, Mexico, is safe. But you don't want to travel off the main roads.
Let's just say, no one would travel some of that area unless they were up to no good or were the Border Patrol Officers.
Keep me posted. I do travel to Yuma then to San Luis, Mexico sometimes to visit the medical facility I work for located there.
Always enjoy adding more to my list of to do's after reading your posts.
Take care,
Nancy
Nancy
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Nancy where I was dowsing was more the desert area rather than the mountains, and I dont really have a clue what the area would be like other than the pictures I get from Google Earth, like you said some places are off limits and should never be visited without local knowledge.I understand what your saying, people are different and local issues can make them upset when strangers are about, I havent checked out San Luis yet, but I will tomorrow when Im not so tired....I work from the Old Wild West Tales on the Internet of past robberies and Wells Fargo stories of things taken from them down the years, and just dowsing about thinking of lost gold and silver mines on maps, as I pass over them from a low height, if I get a pull I go in closer and start to really look hard taking more time.Its a fun thing for me,I do that or play Solitaire on the laptop when the weather is wet or cold outside, as I cannot walk much and get bored easy.
TN FireWalker
Beginner
Beginner

Post by TN FireWalker »

Hi, Mike....sounds like a great way to not get bored and it's easy on the body.
I hate technology, but look at what it does for us, good amd bad. I love to read, but going to the Library or Book Store is not something I do much anymore. But, now with the internet I can just type something and find history, ancient sites, pictures, blogs, etc. Sounds like you have a great system set up.
By the way, that part of the Border has many illegals crossing or drug cartel crossing. Ya don't want to be out hiking or Dowsing and cross their paths.
Rest well.
Till tomorrow's light brings new adventures.
Nancy
Nancy
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Nancy I will PM you about San Luis and the area around, it sounds a place to drive past and enjoy but never stop, which is a shame as the country side is for everyone to enjoy and admire for what it is.While things of value may be found there its not something for the fool hardy to try and go digging around, it will only interest those who dont value life and want to live and die fast, which today seems to be the fashion with many people.....Check out places further north if I can today, my back is bad and I havent been on line for a couple of days with the pain, so hoping things are better today and I can get about and do things I enjoy,APART from eating. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Checked out the San Luis area and I believe yet another gold vein runs to the east west out in the desert some distance, but who would want to go looking, you might have more fun in a forest with the Black Bears than that place...I sent a PM NANCY and it disappeared, so write another one soon, if you get a chance tomorrow check the house to see if things are better,more warming and lighter atmosphere please ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The Tomb of Cleopatra has never been found, and I just wonder where it would be,and I dont think it would be in the Valley Of The Queens along with the other ones,she would have chosen a quiet out of the way place I believe.Might take a look around Alexandria where she lived for a while, and could have decided to be laid at rest there, in a quiet place away from the crowds and people,as she was not the best liked person when she died.The question is would she have been laid to rest with things of great value,like many rulers were in those times, I believe it would have been a modest thing with perhaps a few things she used and would need in the next life, and not much of great value.Still worth a dowse about along the coast,you never know what you might find, perhaps some hidden site.

Well hand on heart I found a place with all sorts there at 30 feet deep along the coast, and its a good size and not just a treasure buried in a hole, but a complex from its size ??