Madeleine McCann

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
mapdowser65

Madeleine McCann

Post by mapdowser65 »

Surely there are those with map dowsing experience in locating people that have been searching for young Madeleine McCann. :shock:
If so, please contact me. I wish to do a "blind study" with my results. By this I mean send a map where I believe Madeleine was in Portugal and then depending on results, a map where I believe she can be located at present.

I have been dowsing for people since 1972 with some success.

Michael McGuire :(

Edited by Ian Pegler: Welcome to the forum Michael. I moved this post to the General section and removed the reference to your e-mail address to prevent it being harvested by spam-bots. Anyone wishing to e-mail Michael may do so using the 'Contact' button on right.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Welcome Michael.

I can tell you that there have been a number of calls to the BSD office regarding this issue, many of them from dowsers eager to report their findings. Sadly there has been little consistency in these reports.

If I may clarify our position - the BSD has several experienced 'locational dowsers' on the Professional Register with good track records in locating lost pets, items and people. However, unless the BSD are approached in a formal capacity either by the police or by the McCann family requesting the assistance of a dowser, this is not something that we can take an official stance on. To date, there has been no such approach.

This is not to disparage your own study in any way and I wish you all the best with it.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mapdowser65

Post by mapdowser65 »

Grahame,

I understand completely. I'll wait for locational dowsers to contact me.

Terorrists can be located with the porper questions too. As always the question is the key.

Michael
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

Grahame Gardner wrote:Welcome Michael.

I can tell you that there have been a number of calls to the BSD office regarding this issue, many of them from dowsers eager to report their findings. Sadly there has been little consistency in these reports.

If I may clarify our position - the BSD has several experienced 'locational dowsers' on the Professional Register with good track records in locating lost pets, items and people. However, unless the BSD are approached in a formal capacity either by the police or by the McCann family requesting the assistance of a dowser, this is not something that we can take an official stance on. To date, there has been no such approach.

This is not to disparage your own study in any way and I wish you all the best with it.
Have there been many proffessional dowsers that have worked with the police or families in the past?
I would imagine this to be difficult heavy work.

ocd
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

ocd wrote: Have there been many professional dowsers that have worked with the police or families in the past?
I would imagine this to be difficult heavy work.
It is difficult work, particularly in the case of missing people. Inanimate objects are much easier to find as they don't tend to move around as much :)

There are not many on our professional register who do this sort of work. Typically, if the police do work with them, they will not be told the results of the search. The dowser thus has no idea if they were successful or not. This removes any emotional attachment and 'desire for result'.
Of course, if the dowser is approached again for a different search, then they might conclude that their previous work has been satisfactory. That's the only clue they are given as to the validity of their dowsing.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Grahame Gardner wrote:There are not many on our professional register who do this sort of work. Typically, if the police do work with them, they will not be told the results of the search. The dowser thus has no idea if they were successful or not. This removes any emotional attachment and 'desire for result'.
Of course, if the dowser is approached again for a different search, then they might conclude that their previous work has been satisfactory. That's the only clue they are given as to the validity of their dowsing.
How very odd. From this I can only conclude that the police do not want it publicly known that they have approached a dowser, and that if the result is correct then the police claim the credit!!
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Discretion, the better part of valour

Post by Ian Pegler »

Helen-Healing wrote:How very odd. From this I can only conclude that the police do not want it publicly known that they have approached a dowser, and that if the result is correct then the police claim the credit!!
Not really. This is the kind of work where you really don't want to draw attention to yourself. It's best done discreetly.

I should point out that I don't do this sort of work myself, however I've known people who have and that is precisely what they say.

Who needs fame?

Ian
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: Discretion, the better part of valour

Post by Helen-Healing »

Ian Pegler wrote:Who needs fame?
Many do, to judge by the amount of mediums, clairvoyants & others of such ilk who are delighted to appear on TV!! :)

What I found odd was that the dowser is never told of the accuuracy or not of their endeavour. Nothing to do with fame really.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Re: Discretion, the better part of valour

Post by Ian Pegler »

Helen-Healing wrote:Many do, to judge by the amount of mediums, clairvoyants & others of such ilk who are delighted to appear on TV!! :)
I'd rather they didn't. They don't need it, they just want it. There's a big difference between promoting something like dowsing and promoting yourself for the sake of fame, IMHO.
What I found odd was that the dowser is never told of the accuracy or not of their endeavour. Nothing to do with fame really.
I should have read Grahame's post more carefully. I can understand the logic of what Grahame is saying though.

There's been so much publicity with the McCann case that it would be bound to affect a dowser's ability to stay neutral and grounded.

Surely it's not the case that no-one ever learns about their results? In the event of a highly publicised case you'd surely know one way or another, by virtue of the ongoing media-circus?!

Ian
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Well, there seem to be some interesting developments on this... this was in yesterday's 'Metro':
Mr Locator joins hunt for Maddie
Sunday, October 7, 2007

A former policeman who claims to have invented a machine that can find missing people has joined the search for Madeleine McCann.

Danie Krugel, dubbed The Locator, claimed he knew where Maddie was taken after she went missing but said the chances of her being alive were 'very, very slim'.

He was given a piece of Maddie's hair by her parents and used the DNA to help track her location.
He believes Maddie was not moved far from the holiday home in Praia da Luz, Portugal, where she disappeared on May 3.

Mr Krugel, head of health and safety at a university in South Africa, said: 'I don't want to say exactly where because I don't want to interfere with this investigation.

'If I look at the area, there a very, very slight possibility that she could be alive.'

The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, yesterday stressed the couple from Rothley, Leicestershire had not hired Mr Krugel.

He is said to have used his device to trace victims of an infamous South African paedophile, Gert van Rooyan, in the late 1980s. Using samples of hair, he pinpointed a spot which led to the discovery of bones.
click here (link broken)for rest of story.

Now this sound suspiciously like some form of dowsing, don't you think?

There's a slightly more detailed version of this article on Sky News (link broken)
Grahame
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Now this sound suspiciously like some form of dowsing, don't you think?
Hmm...using satellite technology?

If he gave his results to the police in July, it looks as if nowt has been found. On the other hand, she may be in the sea.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

It is said that...There are some who say...

Post by Ian Pegler »

Helen-Healing wrote: Hmm...using satellite technology?
said to use satellite technology.

Lots of things are said to be true but people never seem to remember who said it first.

A more recent article (link broken)
suggests his success record is not 100%.

Ian
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Google Earth! :D
Grahame
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: It is said that...There are some who say...

Post by Helen-Healing »

Ian Pegler wrote:Lots of things are said to be true but people never seem to remember who said it first.
How true is that!!
A more recent article suggests his success record is not 100%.
"I'd say to the McCanns 'Don't believe in him. Only believe in God."

Well, God's keeping shtum, so I suppose other alternatives are valid.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Satellite technology

Post by Ian Pegler »

Grahame Gardner wrote:
Google Earth! :D
Ha! Ha! Very good! :lol:

Ian