Children From the Sky

Share your experience of non-fiction dowsing-related books and other written stuff (e.g. websites, self-published and e-books).

Moderator: simonwheeler

ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Children From the Sky

Post by ledgehammer »

Children From The Sky - by Duncan Lunan

I placed this in the non fiction area as the book focuses predominantly on this, however the later part of the book offers some science fiction ideas that compliment the original historical account, so in theory it could be in both sections of the book forum.

for those who don't know the story, there is a whole thread here.

It is a story that I first heard about in Hamish Miller and Paul Broadhurst's, "The Sun and the Serpent." They came across the story while dowsing the michael and mary serpent lines. The story is very interesting and intrigued me to the point I started to write a t.v. programme about it and other interesting weird stuff locally and historically.

The book is fantastic, it is packed with content.

It looks at the two original accounts, and the common ground and what can be accepted as being historical fact. It also analyses the movements of the monarchy in reference to this account and the time periods in general, and then to astronomical events that also seem to occur within the time period. I won't ruin it but there are interesting collisions of events which make for a great read!

Duncan goes on to offer his science fiction writing skills to propose a outlook on where these Children may have came from while using his knowledge and creativity, and for those interested in science fiction (raises hand) it's a brilliant collation of ideas while using rational science and advanced theoretical science to help explain the scenarios around the green children. The book seems to flow with the theme of disciplined creativity that is a pleasure to read, like looking at the stars and staying on the ground!!

Thanks Duncan!

A great read, especially if you have an interest in History and Mystery, science fiction, or just curiosity!!

Best

Tom
Last edited by ledgehammer on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Children From the Sky

Post by simonwheeler »

There is a website (mod - link removed, it had turned Japanese! - GG) here, based around the book.
Title of Book: Children from the Sky
Author: Duncan Lunan
Price: £16.99
ISBN: 978-1-908097-05-7
Publisher: Mutus Liber
It includes this message:
Hello Kind Reader,

Just a quick note that I've registered this book - Children from the Sky - at BookCrossing.com, so that we can keep up on where it goes, who reads it, and what they thought of it.

Please visit: http://www.BookCrossing.com/849-11334722 to make a quick journal entry. We can all track this book's journey and the lives it touches forever more!

Thank You!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon